Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 4 March 2005
A fabulous book all about the monsters who live under the bed (well - you always KNEW they were there didn't you). These monsters are a great variety of greedy, sleepy and just plain cowardly. By the end of the book they have all run away scared out of their wits by the frightening creature IN the bed. Fabulous for helping little children deal with the "monster under the bed" fear.
on 21 December 2004
My daughters (aged 4 and 3) love this book. After reading it a few times they know it off by heart and now tell me the story. It's a bedtime favourite and I would recommend it to parents everywhere. It's a book that they never seem to tire of.
on 9 March 2006
We were lent this book when my three-year-old started having "monster" nightmares. The monsters in this book are funny and decidedly non-threatening, and by the end of the book they have all run away! It really helped my daughter get over her nightmare stage, and it is still a favourite, so much so that now we have to return it to it's owner I am buying one for her! She knows it off by heart and will recite it any time and any place. What's more, I still enjoy reading it, after 6 months! Highly recommended!
on 29 August 2011
My little boy had read this at preschool and was desperate to have a copy at home. It's now a regular bedtime read - great fun and beautifully illustrated. We also enjoy Poo is that you Bertie by the same author - both great stories for pre schoolers.
on 1 December 2003
The flow of the words make it a very easy book to read to children. Children enjoy the poetry and are soon saying it with you. The plot is has its surprises and keeps the attention to the end.
on 13 November 2009
Under the bed is a favourite story of my three children (and me if i'm honest ;-) about all the things that live under a little boy's bed. Very well written and beautifully illustrated too.
on 23 March 2016
I used to read this book to my son every night, 9 years later he still has it & talks about it.... In fact, he makes me buy it all the time for other children. It's a brilliant book!
on 24 August 2003
This is a well thought out and written book. The illustrations are beautiful and the devilishly crafty plot twist at the end is pure genius. Thoroughly recommended!
on 31 October 2013
Bought this for my son after it became one of my faves while working in nurseries, it's a classic and we will be reading it for years I think!
on 25 March 2013
Used to read this book to my brother, now have 2 little ones of my own and they love it too.