on 29 January 2017
This is an amazing book, a must read for everyone! Powerful and inspiring, this true story of brother Yun's life of persecution in China gives a very moving account of determination and faith despite relentless opposition from the authorities. As a teenager living in poverty he witnessed a life changing moment which prompted him to determinedly pursue his faith. Filled with testimonies of truly miraculous events, i found this book difficult to put down. I have no doubt that his mission is a calling from God. This book has strengthened my faith and given me courage to persevere in difficult times and to appreciate the freedom we have in the west to worship freely. It has also highlighted for me the potential pitfalls of modern day worship, without the power of the Holy Spirit as our guide (so important! ). His story is packed full with insight into what's really going on in the world, with it's deceptions and challenges as well as the hope that is available for change. It also moved me to tears. If brother Yun's story was ever made into a film, I'm sure it would be a box office sell out. I would also recommend his other book ' Living Water', which has been a tremendous inspiration to me, filling me with hope and enthusiasm for God's will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven. I have personally received a miracle in my life through Jesus Christ, having been set free from my addictions, just by asking Him to help me. He is faithful.
on 27 February 2018
I was informed of this work through someone I met at church and have been amazed. To hear of christiam missionaries in the western world is quite something. To hear of it in a still closely guarded nation is truly something else. I struggled at first to understand it but eventually agreed with it being called "A Remarkable True Story".
on 27 March 2014
I noticed this book in my Amazon recommendations list and at first the title did not inspire me to make a purchase, over a few weeks my attention was inevitably back drawn to it. This book really is a remarkable true story which I can not fault in anyway. Easy to read and understand. I believe every gripping chapter as God reveals His Love and His Power to Yun and for every reader. If you are looking for a good book which will probably change your own life for the better, then I would urge you to read this next on your list. In fact I would say stop reading whatever you are reading at present and read this in stead. (you can always go back to your other books later) I could hardly manage to stop reading, even had to take a day off to recover my thoughts. I have subsequently made repeated purchases to post directly to my family and friends. The follow up books 'Living Water' and 'Isaac son of the underground' are also very inspiring. A good and humble man.
on 7 August 2017
This, and his next book, shows how far the Christian church in the West has drastically strayed from the true spirit and teaching of Jesus Christ. I believe the situation can only be redeemed with a huge amount of prayer, in all it's forms, and I cannot see that the churches are willing to make that sort of momentous sacrifice.
review image
on 28 December 2014
I had to pass this book on. I came across it whilst I was fasting and without question I knew the Holy spirit wanted me to learn, and learn I did, My My My I am so humbled and am forever changed. Surely all other ground is indeed sinking sand. Brother Yun states in the West there is insurance for everything, which is so true , we depend, rely and trust on INSURANCE. It really got thinking and re evaluating my life. Church Buildings(aesthetically), and doctrines in the west are very much important than just having the TRUTH, straight bible study, prayer , fasingt and ministering. Brother Yun is a humble man and even when I viewed his sermons on YOU TUBE, I see sincerity and how he clings to his bible,(that it is his insurance), I know he is a genuine, honourable, servant of God who will not compromise no matter what. If you ever questioned God s existence, his son Jesus the Holy spirit then this book is what you need. From the first page to the last, all GLORY is given to the one above! The creator! Bro Yun states its an honour to serve God in spite of the persecution, then he goes on to say don't pray for the prosecution to stop lest we get complacent, WOW now that's PERFECT FAITH in CHRIST without a shadow of a doubt. WHAT AN INSPIRATION! TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 13 August 2015
this is another modern classic, surely - the story of amazing faith inside China, where the penalties were death for becoming a Christian. This is so utterly heartening, and for any Christian feeling the pain of modern secularism, this is what lifts the spirit, and renews hope. I have bought this copy to give to my grand-daughter, who is incredibly moved by it.
on 15 October 2003
Brother Yun's integrity is above reproach. I challenge anyone to read this book, who doubts that God loves and watches over those who suffer, yet still works all things together for good.
God has an amazing plan and He is going to bring it about through the Chinese church. We in the West had better not stand in his way, but rather surrender to his wisdom and co-operate and help the church to fulfil it.
on 17 December 2012
This book really is almost like a modern day Book of Acts. It is amazing how God uses a boy from a village in Henan for His great purpose in spreading the gospel. The book outlines just how much suffering a Christian can go through for his/ her faith but it is also a great testimony of God's provision and power even in the bleakest and darkest of circumstances. God never promised that the path of being a Christian would be smooth, but He DID promise that He would be with us through it all and this book is a faithful witness of that unbroken promise. Simply inspiring and also very convicting in terms of my own personal challenge to walk the faith as a child of God.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 August 2014
I read this book about 10 years ago and it changed my life! I cried and couldn't imagine anyone suffering so much because of his faith. It moved me into action. I still remember this book today and try and imagine how different my life would have been if I never read it! Can't recommend it enough. Whether you are a Christian or not, the book really is about faith, courage and determination.
on 3 August 2013
I bought this book on the recommendation of a friend. At first I found it heavy going ,but soon realised that (a) it was written by someone who 's first language was English, (b) something might have been lost in the translation. I am truly amazed at what this man was put through all for being a Christian, and at times found myself thinking I was reading a work of fiction as it was so far from anything I had ever heard of . Truly an amazing reading . I am now so grateful that I am Christian living in a Christian country, and will no longer take so lightly that I can worship openly.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse