Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 July 2007
This is the second book of the series, and as ever is fantastic. The book is slighty more advanced than the first is is packed full of very useful and help step by step tips. There are sections all about chocolate, embroidery, making flowers, recipes, runouts, figure piping, bas relief, marzipan....I could go on because the techniques are endless. A must have for a cake maker or someone who just wants to try different methods and styles.
on 28 October 2000
"Sugarcraft" is a book which will inspire you to try out new ideas in your cake-making. I especially enjoyed the section on making marzipan figures and chocolate objects, including eggs.
Recommended for anyone with an interest in doing something different with sugar!
on 21 March 2009
Book 2 is an excellent follow on for the intermmediate decorator but is also of some use to the beginner. The instructions are clear and easily followed and the section on modelling is great enabling first time modellers to produce good work.
on 5 January 2013
The ideas in this book are brilliant. Though I am attending a sugar craft course the instructions are easy to follow, so don't be put off. This book is ideal for anyone who enjoys making creative edible delights or decorations for various themes and events.
on 8 October 2010
I bought book one as well - although nice books to browse through I find them somewhat outdated. I certainly don't consider them my sugarcraft 'bible' and beyond a couple of browsings they will sit on the shelf. The photographic help leaves a lot to be desired - the 'bird cake' on page 103 has written explanation for the central bird but no close-up photo of the finished thing. Short too on photographic help with the different ways of using piping tubes and their resulting effect. As this is the 'advanced' sugarcraft book I would have expected it cover the different levels of sugar boiling, spun sugar, caramel etc...... sorry, but with the title 'school of sugarcraft' I expected much better.
on 5 March 2016
Fantastic book especially for royal icing and run outs, this is advanced work but you are taken through the stages which give you the confidence to try it and succeed. Every thing you need in one book. Arrived before date stated, very good Seller.
VINE VOICEon 4 July 2009
I've learned some good decorating tips from this book and would recommend it to anyone.
on 15 June 2013
I was pleased when I bought Book 1 because it was a way to revise the things I learned at school (a long time ago) and some. Books 2 & 3 were a huge disappointment because they were so old fashioned. I had thought I might keep them and use as reference into the history of sugarcraft but that would be a waste of money. I returned them. My favourite books are 'The Contemporary Cake Decorating Bible' by Lindy Smith, 'The Birthday Cake Book' by Fiona Cairns (who made William & Kate's wedding cake), and '50 Easy Party Cake's' (fantastic for childrens parties). My grandchildren love browsing the last book and so do I.
on 2 July 2010
I am fairly new to cake decorating but always up for a challenge. Although I felt that some of the designs in this book are a bit dated I can see how they can be adapted to projects that are more my style. If you slowly work through the book, after book one, and practice they you too will be able to create some wonderful masterpieces. The only negative I feel if not enough dialogue with the reader about how to do things and the possible difficulties and ways around them, although instructions are clear.
on 11 December 2009
Superbly produced book. Well written and the instructions are so easy to follow whether one is an amateur or professional. Excellent value for money and it is a timeless book with relation to the art of Sugarcraft.
I highly recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in working with petal paste and sugar paste. It is by far the best book available in this category along with its forerunner...Book I.