on 1 January 2009
An important read for women having babies and birth professionals. This book stresses the life saving wonder of the ceasarean section but also explores the possible implications of overuse of this procedure when birth could be allowed to progress naturally. This is a book that is sure to have elicit a strong response from those who read it, whether they be a woman who has chosen elective C-secition or one who wishes to avoid it at all costs. A worth while read.
on 12 June 2013
I bought this book before attending a doula course with Dr Michel Odent. His knowledge and simplicity of pregnancy and childbirth is inspiring. I recommend this book to anyone interested in childbirth or supporting those who are pregnant.
on 11 August 2015
Michel Odent is an inspiration and I have been lucky enough to study with him. He speaks so much sense and with a lot of passion. If only all the obstetricians and maternity workers around the world had his vision and understood childbirth as well as he does, the world would be a much better place.
on 30 March 2004
I wanted to read this book because of all the media coverage.... some of its content is quite controversial - I am reserving judgement but what i didn't expect was a book which talked about the caesarean like no other book. It certainly gave me food for thought and didn't make me feel guilty for my choices but made me understand a lot more about birth and what choices I have.
The author has always been controversial but some of his stuff is now main stream (like water births) and it wasn't when it came out so I am quite keen to see how his views on caesareans will shape our society. Certainly it was very informative!
on 15 February 2015