Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now

on 26 August 2014
I've read Cathy Hopkins for a little while and I've found that I've enjoyed this series amazing !!! Easy words drama life's lessons !!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 December 2015
Grandaughter loved it
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 20 March 2006
This is a really cool book - well written, with likeable characters who have the sort of realistic, heartfelt emotions that you can identify with when you're a teenager. It's easy to get into (I read it in one sitting whilst I was ill, without even stopping for a break!). The ending is pretty predictable and you can see a lot of the twists and turns coming, but it's still fun to read and keeps your attention.
I guess it's aimed at pre-teen and teen girls, probably around ages 8-14 (although I'm older than that and I enjoyed it!). You'll love it if you enjoy TV shows like Pop Idol, The X Factor etc (there are millions of references to these competitions in the book!), and if you've ever dreamed of being a popstar then you'll be hooked. Enjoy!
on 14 April 2003
I'd wanted to get this book for ages but I thought I shouldn't because I'm already reading six different series'. When I saw "Pop Princess" in a magazine for free, I thought it was a sign - so I got it (I'm sooo glad).
It's about a girl, Becca, who thinks she's FAT (I can relate to that!). She has a GOOD VOICE but not the confidence to go with it. So when she's DARED by her BOYFRIEND to enter the "Pop Princess" competiton, she's determined to show what she's made of.
"Pop Princess" contains a range of realistic issues, like: enemies, jealousy, flirting, nastiness, fun, happiness, friends, dissapointment...
I would definately say this book is written fantastically (- Cathy Hopkins is a real great author, I was already reading a series by her), when Becca is auditioning you (as the reader) really feel the nerves. I recieved major butterflies!!
You also feel the nerves when the judges announce who's getting thruogh tho the next round.
I love singing and I wish that there really were "Pop Princess" auiditions - I'd be right there!!!!
This book is GREAT (with a capital G). For all you budding stars, dreamers, teenagers - anyone who likes teenage fiction or if you just fancy a change... READ THIS BOOK!
Happy Reading!!!!!!!!
on 5 August 2005
this is an amazing book... i loved it its easy to get into and worth the money!
on 19 August 2003
I thought this book was very good,and it makes you want to be popstar,but having said that this book is very inevitable and in places it can be somewhat confusing,but dont let that out you off.I read this book in a day,as once you start reading you can't put it down !!!