Customer reviews

on 26 May 2001
Statistics show that children are reaching puberty at an earlier age than ever before. There is a need for a clear way to present the information a child would need, but in a way that is accesible. The dilemma of what to tell, and in what detail is addressed by the use of a question and answer format, with real cases discussed. I did find the book to be not as attractive to children as I had hoped it would be, and I feel it is too technical for the 9 year old age group I had intended it for. The book does contain all the information needed to support a young teenager, but a parent will have to find a way of interpreting it for each childs needs.
I think the book is a good resource for older teenagers, but does not do as much to reassure or inform the increasing amount of 'early starters' as I had hoped.
on 12 May 2001
This trio have written an informative guide to peroids for teenage girls. It covers what to use,Who to tell and what it feels like.Plus it has common questions and problems with straight answers. It tells you what puberty is and what to expect when you come on. It explains about the changes in your body when you become a young woman. It lists further contacts and it has a glossary at the back of the book for the words teens might not know. Dr Fiona Finlay,Dr Rosemary Jones and Tricia Kreitman have put together an accessible and reasuring guide.
on 10 September 2005
Really well explained-if you are between 9 and 17 this book is a must,it explains what happens to you,what sort of tampon/pad/towel to use and answers LOADS of questions from girls which are really helpful for a girl going through Puberty.I am 10 and saw it on this website,i then suggested it too my mum and she brought for me.Very clear diagrams.
on 2 October 2002
This was a straight talking clear guide to your body!
It explained everything slowly and only some bits were scientific!
I found this very useful to read when I did and it helped me talk to my mum about periods and puberty.
2 big thumbs up!
on 6 July 2001
All the facts about anything and everything that teenagers need to know about growing up. It reasures us and answers all the possible questions that we would ever ask. This book is a must have!
on 23 March 2011
Bought this for my daughter who is 10 and started having spotting and other period symptoms. Explained lots of things simply and reassured my daughter about the changes that she is going through and most importantly how normal it all is. She was a bit scared as she is still very young. We read it together and it has helped her to understand what is happening to her. It may be that her period doesn't start properly for a few months yet or even years. Very useful and helpful!!
on 18 June 2001
This is a very interesting book, all you ever wanted top know in one I guess! It covers real life, and really informs you to the max! Its like a giant problem page, so girls will love it! Real life stories, problems and facts, I can't wait for the boys book- soon to come I hope!
on 10 June 2009
this book covered everything and more in a simple and easy format for any girl from 8 to 16. it is fun and interesting in a way that isnt boring or embarassing. A DEFF must buy for any pre-teen girl.
on 22 March 2009
I bought this book for my 10 year old grand daughter who is approaching pubity. She was thrilled with it. After initally telling me "I know all about that" while reading it she came to me and told me that she had been wondering about "that" but now knows what it is. I also read the book to refresh my memory of the details too! We are now able to discuss the issues in the book in a matter of fact way, between granny and grand daughter. I certainly recommend this book.
on 7 August 2010
My mature 11 year old daughter thought this book was great. She found it gave her lots of answers to questions she had about her changing body.
Excellent.