on 21 September 2013
Well, Grayson Perry excelled himself with the tapestries themselves and the book has not let his enthusiasts down either. The book is a wonderful insight into the thought processes of the artist and exceptionally coherently written, but also a work of art in its presentation - truly beautiful cover and the highest quality of illustrations. I will treasure it forever.
17 people found this helpful
on 9 December 2013
This book shows Grayson Perry's creative processes in designing for his tapestries. The Vanity of Small Differences. I bought it as I had visited his exhibition at the Miro Gallery and had also followed the television series dedicated to the making of the work which was a fascinating insight to Grayson and the people with whom he came into contact while researching the work. The book is an excellent complement to the above, and is beautifully bound with a fabric cover.It is a pleasure to hold and read. It demonstrates Grayson Perry's humour and humanity, and a sharp overview of our modern society. Wonderful.
9 people found this helpful
on 12 January 2017
Purchased as a Christmas present and I must say it was received with delight. A very neat small format book which, I understand, is the perfect accompaniamet to Perry's tapestry. For my own opinion, I would have rathered the publishers created this in a larger format since that could have been done for a modest extra cost but the recipient of my gift was delighted nonetheless.
on 24 November 2017
If you are not familiar with Grayson Perry's work, this is a good introduction to the most diverse and bold social critic of our time.
on 1 October 2017
Beautiful Book to handle and look through. Love the work and the things it depicts.
on 11 December 2015
I love this book. I've seen the TV series a couple of times now.
I particularly liked 2 sections of the book. Firstly the sketchbook section where you can the annotated sketches, quotes and thoughts from Perry. Secondly the details section where you can look at close ups of the tapestries and enjoy the immense amount of detail in the pieces.
on 10 November 2015
Absolutely beautiful edition a must for fans of the artist. The fabric cover and pull out plates make it a "coffee table book" but enough detail about the process involved in the art work for those with some technical knowledge.
on 24 March 2015
Bought this book for my husband who is a fan of Grayson Perry's work, the book is of good quality, the content is excellent and a very good read. Grayson Perry is very observant and therefore I would highly recommend this book, you won't be disappointed!
3 people found this helpful
on 20 August 2014
Grayson Perry is as good a communicator as he is an artist. This superbly produced book lays out the groundwork for this fascinating project, its truly inspiring results and the well-received tour that followed. If you like art, social comment or just like the feel of the fabric buy this book, see the tapestries and vaunt the name of Grayson Perry whenever art is mentioned.
on 21 July 2017
Fantastic. Bought it for my Grandson's 30th birthday- he loved it.