on 11 September 2017
A fantastic book and especially as an audio book upgrade. I have been listening to it while going out for walks. So am getting fitter and growing in my knowledge of God and am feeling inspired and encouraged to continue walking along his path.
on 8 September 2016
I don't hate The Pilgrim's Progress, far from it. But this edition (or the one I got through the post, at least) was badly formatted, had random pictures in, and there was a disclaimer in the back of the book that basically said "I copied this from the internet, so don't blame me for any inaccuracies." I don't like posting bad reviews, but this edition was quite disappointing.
on 2 July 2017
I didn't expect the book to be so large. It is 28 x 22 mm; maybe I missed that in the description. Neither did I realise it would be an Amazon printed book. Must have missed that as well. I suppose it will look good amongst my magazines.
on 15 July 2017
Bought the hardback version for my son to celebrate his baptism. Nicely presented with original illustrations. The language has been modernised. The bible verses have been included in the text, but for some reason are in "old English ", in contrast to the rest of the book.
on 29 July 2017
still reading - but made my mind up...a brilliant well crafted story that truly inspires your imagination. will definitely recommend getting - if you are considering.
on 6 April 2017
Like a mirror beaming into the future and showing the hard present this book comforts us in our present and than gives us a generous taste of that's which is to come.
on 25 July 2016
No illustrations...The Text by itself seems a pointless exercise ...Look elsewhere.
on 12 July 2017
An excellent read cover to cover. Depicts all the sorts of people you meet in life. I must now get a dvd to share with my youth group.
on 22 August 2013
Great translation into modern English, it is easy to read and wonderfully dotted with illustrations which gives an additional pictorial insight to the story. Inspiring, thought-provoking and highly relevant, even in today's society and age.
I loved this book and purchased many more as presents to friends (and they, in turn, loved it).
on 4 September 2017
The title says it's in modern English, but the Bible quotes are all in old English and from an obscure version.