on 29 January 2013
Very good read, couldn't help but think of Captain Mainwaring of Dad's Army. Could hardly put it down until I had finished. Put me in mind of Charles Dickens Pickwick Papers.
on 11 January 2010
I read this when I was a teenager and bought it for my 17 year old daughter this Xmas... she loves it (too).

I am waiting to borrow it for a re-read.

The day to day story of an ordinary middle class man, Mr Pooter, and his ordinary family and friends, in Victorian London and the ups and downs of his ordinary life.

Absolutely hilarious!!!

(and in fact it added a new word to the English language - POOTERESQUE)
on 13 July 2014
Nice edition of a classic read.
on 8 June 2015
A must read for anybody who enjoys a comedy of manners. Full of both pathos and humour. If you enjoyed 'Three men in a boat' then this will not disappoint.
on 23 January 2015
Excellent, recommended seller.
on 21 February 2015
Quite interesting and amusing read which really does give us an insight in to the thought processes of the late Victorian aspiring middle class.
on 10 July 2015
One of those books that can make you chuckle and laugh out loud as you follow the fortunes and misfortunes of Mr Pooter, family and friends.
on 7 February 2010
In our world of cynical and sometimes unpleasant humour I found reading this book a pleasant and refreshing change. It cheered me up. Job done. I liked Mr Pooter, and found his devotion to his wife and son, touching. Lupin, his son, is a hoot ! Its a quick read and perfect for a long trip.
on 26 February 2014
Exactly as described. Easy to relate to despite being written more than a century ago. Delivery was as prompt and condition was excellent.
on 2 May 2016
Excellent reading. Could not literally put it down. Great addition to my library. I love this book. Buy it folks. You won't regret it.