on 14 September 2012
The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam is an ancient script which contains many truisms. Some you will have known, perhaps in the back of your mind, such "The moving writes, and having writ, m oves on etc.
Reading it gave me several more useful phrases.
David WThe Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam
on 29 June 2013
Everyone should read this wonderful little masterpiece of philosophy. "The moving finger writes, and having writ moves on, nor all thy piety or wit can lure it back to cancel half a line, nor all thy tears wipe out a word of it" ....... and many more wonderful gems of truth. Priceless.
on 3 March 2016
Never read this before until now. It was recommended by a friend. I'm intrigued by the history around it also.
As old as it may be, it inspired me to write some new prose down. I like the rhythm and pace of the Rubaiyat. A lot of references to wine I found in here, which surprised me
on 4 January 2017
Always a joy to read, this exquisite translation of the Rubaiyat is an indispensable part of the library of those who enjoy the beauty of poetry and are open to honest contemplation of the context in which human life unfolds, "One moment in annihilation's waste..."
on 4 June 2013
If you are new to this just buy it and enjoy it. Bits are tedious but the stanzas about the potter, and the comparison of life to a game of chess are outstanding.

It will only take you an hour to read and your life will be changed forever!
on 8 December 2013
I bought this from Greenwich Booksellers on Elphinstone Street in 1967 and lost it in Dubai .... I have been looking for a copy ever since and now have got one, pre-owned by Horace Routh, who was presented it in 1978 by Anne....

Great!
on 30 April 2016
Great book and a nice replacement for my own lost copy.
on 6 September 2014
Good to have my own copy again after so many years.
on 1 March 2014
I have this in hardback form from way,way back.It went with me wherever I travelled,The Kindle edition means I can now carry this book in my pocket and enjoy it anywhere,anytime.I wouldn,t hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
on 20 April 2016
What a shame. Such a wonderful set of poems, my favourite for many years presented in a dreadful "old typewriter" font. Even in digital format it feels cheap and nasty. I quickly bought a better, digital, copy.