on 14 May 2012
Beautifully written and illustrated retellings of a selected few of the many fairy tales written by Hans Christian Anderson. Particularly impressed by the Little Mermaid, which is an antidote to the saccharine Disney version of the story. Too well done to be upsetting, but the darker side of fairy stories is at least present here. My daughter and I have read these again and again.
on 16 January 2017
What a lovely book. Nice big writing so anyone can read it. Fab. A great gift
on 1 April 2014
This was a great price for the complete collection and I'm pleased I have now familiarized myself with this famous writer. They are certainly different to the happy endings of modern fairy tales, but that just makes them all the better. The storytelling and world-building is of the highest standard.
on 2 August 2015
Not for infant school children, not enough pictures. I'll get a picture book version with upbeat endings. I've re gifted this to a much older child.
on 24 September 2016
Very disappointed as this book was described as being an annotated version with a biography of the author, but neither of these existed.
on 9 July 2014
I have been looking for a book that had many of the stories included in this volume since I was a child. I lost my original copy when I left home. Really nice drawings to accompany the stories, I shall enjoy reading them to my grandchildren.
on 5 January 2017
A great range of stories. Usborne never fails to disappoint. Our 5 year old even reads some of it to us too, so for a competent reader as well as to be read to.
on 21 May 2017
My little granddaughter loves books and this is just right for a 3 year old being read to at night.
on 12 May 2016
Lovely illustrations and good stories. Classic tales that should be part of all children's growing up.
on 7 July 2012
To have all the books an poems he wrote in one place is great. There were some I had never heard of even though I had read them to my children, and now to my grandchildren.

Well worth getting if you are a fan.. There was illustrations too, which was nice.