Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 December 2015
Written in language of its time, but not a difficult read, I feel glad that I've read this classic - it is classy and thought provoking. I would recommend to anyone who enjoys classic, dark literature
on 14 July 2013
I'm currently going through a phase of reading a variety of classic books (Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka, Selected Tales of Edgar Allan Poe and Oscar Wilde's The Portrait of Dorian Gray to name a few) and so far I think this may be the one that I've enjoyed the most.
on 24 November 2013
Having heard about the basic storyline of Jekyll and Hyde I thought that I should actually read the book particularly as I like Stevenson as an author.

It is short and well written, although with some arguably lengthy and unnecessary details, however I found myself disappointed with the rather odd climax, the most satisfying part of which had already been revealed by the many references made to it in conversation/ the media etc. Rather like The Hound of the Baskervilles, the details behind the secret are neither very clever nor exciting however in both cases the build up makes an enjoyable read.
on 16 June 2014
Everyone knows the story, what the curious case of Jekyll and Hyde actually is, so although it's well written and full of suspense the book feels pretty slow up until the last three chapters, in particular until Jekyll's illuminating last confession.
on 27 September 2014
A great novel for those willing to concentrate on stevenson's slightly archaic language. Many layers beneath what is obvious on the surface so do read carefully! A well crafted plot in Jekyll and Hyde with the bonus of a few extra short stories thrown in, worth the buy
on 25 December 2014
I was truly disappointed with the copy that I received. The cover was nothing like the one in the picture, which was the one I thought I was getting-my granddaughter had chosen that cover, but the book itself was in poor condition.
on 18 September 2014
I am nearly 16 years old, and i only downloaded this book because we are studying it at school. An hour later, I have finished the book and I am craving more! Enigmatic and gripping, if that is what you are looking for, this is the book for you!! 5 STARS!!
on 4 June 2013
I downloaded this book for a Yr 10 student as part of her English studies. I know it's a classic and maybe has historical value but I found the book boring and dated. The style is long-winded and obtuse which, though perfectly adequate for its time, now just makes reading a slog.
on 18 October 2015
It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but I enjoyed the yarn.
I think it could have benefited from some more events, extending the intrigue, and being so famous a story the 'grand reveal' lost something. Having said that I read the explanations with interest to the end.
on 4 September 2014
Startlingly relevant to a modern age and a parable of the evils of drug use. As with all Victorian Gothic Horror, the story is familiar but the writing is easy and the pacing light. A must read for fans of the genre.