on 24 July 2017
Sancho and I live on his ''island'' now, I like it here
on 17 September 2017
I have not finished this book but so far it is proving very interesting. It will take me some time to do this
on 13 September 2017
Great book but font a little small for me
on 3 August 2017
hard work
on 19 March 2014
This is the original Spanish version of the Cervantes novel. I bought it for my grandson who is doing Spanish at school. I believe he's still reading it.
on 29 September 2017
Accurate translation but disconcerting the way that words are conjoined making it difficult to read.
on 3 September 2017
Great. No complaints. Narrator was ideal and pace was perfect
VINE VOICEon 13 September 2015
I can't add much to the synopsis of the book or the critique detailed in the reviews that accompany below. But what I will add is that this was my 3rd attempt to read a book that I've always wanted to read. I tried reading the Wordsworth and Penguin classics versions (If I remember rightly, I no longer have them) without success. But this version by Edith Grossman just works for me. The story leaps off the pages at last - no longer the dusty old tome that I tried to read in the past that failed to engage me. Scenarios and characters at last come to life and finally I can say I have read the book and enjoyed every page.
on 14 May 2017
Its of course a classic and an amazing read,timeless....for me...
Bought for my kid,just starting high school and ....they cant relate to it in any way,which i expected,and worse they cant understand it.
I remember reading this book when in primary myself,as back in the 70ies this was children's classic literature.
These days however its a different story it seems.
Language has been seriously simplified....
on 13 March 2017
Really a fascinating read and a lot more fun to indulge in than first expected. The psyche of the wanna-be knights errant is quite intriguing to dissect. The language may be hard at first of you aren't use to it, but you will be, after a few chapters.

The one I received had a different cover that doesn't look as cool as that one, but I hardly bought the book for that, so can't really complain about it.