on 14 May 2017
Its of course a classic and an amazing read,timeless....for me...
Bought for my kid,just starting high school and ....they cant relate to it in any way,which i expected,and worse they cant understand the language its written in...
I remember reading this book when in primary myself,as back in the 70ies this was children's classic literature.
These days however its a different story it seems.
Language has been seriously simplified....
on 4 May 2017
I first saw this film as an eleven year old. It had a big effect on me. I loved the film, and the main actors, Kirk Douglas and James Mason. It was/is a superb movie. I bought the DVD for my grandson, aged 6. he loved it, and has seen it at least six times, making about 10 times for me! An excellent movie from Hollywood's Golden Era, based on an idea by Jules Verne, a genius of imagination and latter day prophet!
on 16 May 2017
This is a book club choice which I was not at all sure about but at 49p for the Kindle version, it seemed churlish to not at least give it a go. It turns out that I am really enjoying it. The style of writing whilst obviously dated, is lyrical, eloquent and extremely easy to read. The story is entertaining and keeps you hooked.
on 8 April 2016
As described
on 21 April 2017
Great value
on 16 June 2017
This is a kids' synopsis, not the full novel - it's only 35 pages long.
Do not buy this unless you want to read it in one sitting on the toilet or have the attention span of a 7 year old.
on 21 May 2017
Have read many times but always found time to reread again and again
on 13 May 2017
very good
on 5 March 2017
Actual rating 4.5 stars.

I completely and utterly fell in love with this book. To me this is exactly what an adventure book should be like. There are pirates and mystery and hidden caves.

I have to disagree with the synopsis stating that Captain Nemo is one of the most horrible villains as I have to say I really related to him and I'm certainly not a villain! Yes he has killed people, usually only when they are attacking him and his ship. To be able to go so completely off the grid and survive off the land, or in this case the sea and to find hidden wonders that no one else has ever seen sounds absolutely wonderful! To be so intelligent and continue your learning indefinitely within your own personal library, I'd imagine that quite a few people would enjoy this.

Professor Aronnax and his personal servant Conseil have an extremely strong bond and have a mutual respect that is good to see. Ned Land though to me is another far more interesting character as he is a rugged adventurer from Canada who has seen the world and needs to be out there to really live. He struggles with captivity and suffers from cabin fever which you can feel through the excellent writing.

There is a lot of scientific, nautical and geographical language used throughout the book and a lot of classification of sea life is done, but this did not take away any enjoyment for me as I enjoyed searching online what things meant when I didn't understand and learning, I enjoyed the learning.

Hopefully I will have time in the future to come back and re read Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea so I can revisit Captain Nemo and enter his exciting underwater world.
on 11 May 2017
This book is a disgrace as a book it is so poorly presented, there even no pages mumber at the bottom of the page, the chapter are marked in Roman. This carries the brand Amazon and it feels so cheap. Totally iresponsible to sell book of such sub standard of presentation. It feeks like a badly put photocopie put together. No surprise it carries the brand Amazon.
That was the second serious book for my 8 years old.

What a disappointment !!!!!!