on 11 October 2000
This is an excellent book with photos of both domestic and wild animals for a child to spot and name. My daughter has a favourite animal on every page and takes this book to bed with her, she loves it so much. In fact we have bought another copy for when it gets too dog-eared! I cannot recommend it highly enough, and I wish there was a follow-up with another few dozen animals to progress to.
on 20 September 1999
This well presented book introduces young children to a range of animals with clear colourful photographs with simple and clearly printed names beneath each photo. Our child certainly loves reading this book over and over to us, and at age 15 months can recognise and point out over half the animals.
on 14 September 2009
a good book for boosting vocabulary - and particularly for children with special needs. Photographs are clear and recognisable, and children find them more "edgy" than the usual illustrations. This book also reinforces the meaning of "Who", as opposed to "What" [inanimate objects]. A partner for the book "What's That?"[ASIN:1852920017 What's That? (Campbell Big Board Book)]
on 4 August 2012
I like these books,even if they are old, they are simple and clear with photographs of animals. Its a great book for my 1 year old, even if they can not talk you can ask them questions in the hope they can point to the correct animal, or make noises of the animals...
It a hit in our house hold. :)
on 29 September 2012
My children are now grown up but loved this book as toddlers. Was pleased to be able to find it for my great niece and nephew, who enjoy it just as much. Really great for learning vocabulary as it uses real photographs and each picture is clearly laid out and displayed.
on 2 April 2015