Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 May 2013
One of the best books ever made and I highly recommend this book to any watchmen fans out there excellent book.
on 27 January 2013
Great item, well worth the money. A good purchase for those who love the film, and it's Alan Moore at his best.
on 1 June 2013
Excellent ! This is a brutal but thoughtful story,way ahead of its time at the time of writing,a true classic.
on 2 September 2013
Scroll on my friends i created this review si i could give this book the highest rating possible, Scroll on
on 1 August 2012
Ok the movie was good but this book is nothing else but a sheer masterpiece.
To read again and again.
on 16 June 2016
Astonishing storytelling by Alan Moore accompanied by drawings of equal value. A true masterpiece.
on 20 April 2016
This is a proper story. Engrossed from start to end, looking foward to watching the movie now
on 12 October 2015
A Classic that never gets old with some of the most resonant art in the comic genre.
on 2 July 2004
Face front, true believer, and behold the tightest-plotted, most lovingly rendered comic-book tale ever to hit the printed page! Even umpteen years after its first publication the labyrinthine plot still boggles the mind, the characterisation is as rich and memorable as ever, and the artwork crisp and finely stylised (ditto the distinctive colouring work). Excelsior!
on 10 April 2009
I seem to have come at Watchmen backwards. I saw the film in the cinema before I ever read the graphic novel.
Since this is a review of the novel I will ignore the movie, however I have found the novel an easy read having already seen the movie, as I have the characters and basic plot in my mind already.
OK - 1st up, this book should have a certificate like a film would. It is not suitable for anyone under 15 in my opinion, and I am not particularly draconian in my views. The violence and sexual themes (even as a cartoon) would not make it past a 9 pm watershed on the BBC!
As an alternate history novel I find it a compelling read and the character development is foremost in the authors' style.
The presentation using "comic" style graphics as well as traditional narrative script works very well and it doesn't feel like you are reading a comic as opposed to a well illustrated story.
I haven't finished it yet, but reading it in 15 minute snips before bed proves that it is easy to take it slowly rather than an extreme page turner that grips you and stops you sleeping.
Hence the 4/5.