on 11 August 2013
I spent 14 days working my way up the Outer Hebrides taking in 10 different islands and this little book was absolutely invaluable in helping me choose day by day my route and also proposing some circular tours to see things I would otherwise have missed. Small and light it fit easily into my cycle bag.
on 7 March 2013
A fantastic book for planning a trip - well written and thoughtful. I am very much looking forward to visiting the Hebrides and will use suggestions of tours and links. The book also contains some good stats on elvation and distance - this was extremely useful as my wife and I are new to cycle touring and as we are training we can "envisage" the tour to ensure not too demanding for us. Do not regret buying this book which is also of a good size / weight to take with us! Very well written. Thanks.
on 19 March 2013
I did a 1 months cycling tour of the inner and outer Hebrides and the small Isles and found this book a great help. It is very informative for short or long tours and the information within helped me to plan the route successfully, the ferry schedules are important and the author has gone into great depths to give all sorts of helpful information. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and would like to return one day to complete parts I missed. I have bought Cicerone guides before and this one didn't disappoint - it was the best so far. I encourage any keen cyclist to go to the Hebrides as it's a wonderful place, especially Mull Barra and Harris
on 17 July 2013
You really can trust this excellent brand!
Another successful publication by Cicerone.
Has some interesting routes and instructions are clear. Handy size to fit in pocket or small back pack pocket.
on 16 October 2013
We are off to the islands and this book will be the perfect companion. Can not wait to be cycling through the islands
on 27 May 2014
I liked the structure of the book providing routes, distance, ascent and descriptions for cycling through the Hebrides. I liked the concise descriptions of the islands, as I did not have time to read much more.
on 29 May 2015
I downloaded this guide electronically for ease of use and found a summary just about every ride we wanted to do over two weeks of cycling in the hebrides. Each ride description gives a concise outline of distance, profile, total ascent, estimated time, food stops and relevant local info. A very helpful and well presented guide that contributed much to a fabulous holiday.
on 5 November 2015
This is the most detailed and helpful book for anyone planning a cycling holiday in the outer hebrides. We were so lucky with the weather but have spare funds for a holiday cottage or B & B just in case the weather turns really bad! This place is heaven on earth when the sun is out
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 December 2015
Xmas present but sure it will be very helpful when we go in may
on 29 September 2015
Excellent comprehensive reference for anyone wishing to cycle in the Hebrides with good descriptions and very useful graphics showing routes and elevations. Highly recommended.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse