on 7 November 2011
Very handy little book.

Not too big so it's easy to carry.
I've only done a couple of the walks so far but the directions have been easy to follow.
I bought the book mainly for the Campsie Fells walks but those in the Ochils look nice so I'll be heading there soon.
All in all I'd reccommend this book to anyone wanting a few days out walking in some of Scotlands lovliest areas.
on 19 April 2006
I HAVE JUST RECENTLY PURCHASED THIS BOOK AND DONE LOTS OF WALKS FROM IT AND IT HAS REALLY OPENED UP MY LOCAL HILLS TO ME. PREVIOUSLY THERE WERE MANY HILLS IN THE CAMPSIES AND THE OCHILS THAT I WANTED TO CLIMB BUT COULDNT FIGURE OUT A SAFE ROUTE TO THEM FROM THE OS MAPS BUT THIS OUTSTANDING BOOK GIVES YOU DETAILED ROUTE INFORMATION ALL FOLLOWING EASY TO IDENTIFY FEATURES ON THE GROUND TO USE AS NAVIGATIONAL HANDRAILS, IT IS WELL WRITTEN AND USES EXTRACTS FROM THE RELEVANT OS MAPS TO ILLUSTRATE THE ROUTES. THERE ARE MANY LITTLE KNOWN AND LITTLE WALKED BUT SPECTACULAR HILLS FEATURED HERE THAT YOU WONT FIND IN ANY OTHER GUIDEBOOK. AT LAST AN EXCELLENT GUIDE BOOK FOR THE CAMPSIES/OCHILS AND LOMONDS. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE AUTHOR.
on 19 September 2011
Well written book, which has introduced us to areas that we would normally have driven past on our way North and West, (from Edinburgh). Simple, easy to follow directions, with clear mini-map inserts.

The only draw-back is the estimated completion times. My family, (with children of 10&12) usually take at least 50% longer than the guide suggests. I know people vary - but I think the times must be nearer to Olympic than typical .... (go on ... scoff). Still thoroughly recommend the book - but be cautious until you have calibrated yourself !
on 9 June 2011
This is a good book and its size is fantastic for slipping into a jacket pocket.
I have tried a difficulty level 1 walk - (yeh wimpy I know but just recovering from injury so taking things easy) - found the route -walk 2 Dumyat Hill to be very overgrown at start and unrecogniseable at end of route from what exists today - basically as with most guides is outdated in sections so novices beware.
on 29 August 2016
Lots of good ideas for walks but not all routes are those most hill walkers would choose to take. Walk 13 for example. I live at the base of the walk and would certainly not recommend the route suggested to anyone when there are perfectly good and safer paths within 400m which would achieve the walk described.
on 14 February 2016
Be careful of the walk timings, you'd have to run the two I've done to make it round in the stated times. Using nasmiths rule is fine, but would be much better if they'd been walked and timed personally.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2016
Super impressed with this wee book, ideal for your pocket. Would also be great as a hardback....Arrived early was impressed.
on 1 October 2015
First class guide to walking routes in these lesser known but highly accessible and enjoyable ranges.
on 1 September 2015