Format: Paperback|Change

Even to the non-beer drinker this book represents a cornucopia of fascinating facts about beer. I have bought a number of copies as gifts for beer drinkers and in all cases the book has been met with universal acclaim from the recipients. The content makes this a high value book as clearly a lot of research has gone into it which creates a proportionate degree of fascination and interest on the part of the reader. Highly recommended.
on 7 November 2011
A great new edition of this fantastic book of beer facts. All the stats are now right up to date for 2011 and some great new entries make this a really interesting book to dip into whenever the mood takes you.
on 10 January 2011
A really enjoyable reference book, however, remember it was published in 2004 and some of the information is now getting a bit dated.
Very useful for anyone wanting information about the Campaign for Real Ale, but also of interest to those of us keen on the Inn Signs Society.
on 17 May 2013
Loved this book and could not put it down, it kept me out of the pub for a couple of nights.
But boy once I had finished it I hit the town and the bottle hard and was able to bore all the regulars at my local with loads of intersting facts on Beer Knowledge, so much so the landlord barred me.
Hay-Ho found a new pub to drink at and its 15p a pint cheaper and the barmaid looks amazing.
on 9 February 2011
I bought this book for my Dad's Birthday, as he is interested in beer, I had a look at the book before I gave it to him and the reviews that I had read before buying it were very helpful, it seems like a very interesting book, as there are a lot of different and interesting facts about beer, and it's the type of book that you can just dip in and out of, which is good, I myself have not got much of an interest in beer, but my Dad seemed to like the book.Overall I was very pleased with my purchase, ordering and delivery were straightforward. Would definitley recommend this book.
on 15 November 2012
This magical little book is one of those little treasures that you can both dip in and out of, browsing at leisure or read from cover to cover. In either case you end up referring back to it again when some little known fact that you have gained through it is challenged. Just great fun, just a joy. Be warned though, although this book might solve a present buying problem you are likely to lose contact with the reader for extended periods of time.
on 6 January 2013
Bought this as a Christmas present for my brother, a real ale buff. It has not left his side since he got it and has started quoting it to his 'ale' buddies. A great present for all round and would recommend it to anyone even mildly interested in the subject.
on 7 June 2013
Yes made a great stocking filler present for my grumpy old man, who is a member of CAMRA, saying it told him what he already knew... but it kept him occupied for a couple of hours, so a good buy in my opinion.
on 3 January 2015
Interesting collection of beer related facts, however rather CAMRA and UK oriented so international beer enthusiasts that don't have much interaction with the UK brewing scene may find it less of interest.
on 15 December 2012
Disappointing. This is a pocket-sized book and you'll need to have a magnifying lens in your pocket too! The print is tiny. I bought this book as a stocking-filler for my CAMRA enthusiast husband but returned it (a) because of the tiny print and (b) because it is just a book of facts, figures and tables. If the beer doesn't induce a comfortably dozy state, reading this will help. Useful as a beer mat, maybe. I've given it two stars for the excellent post and packing.