on 5 March 2017
Sir Spike Milligan *bows in reverence*
The world lost a most remarkable individual. When my eldest was in secondary school and as per curriculum the books were unimaginative and stale.
So I bought her this book for her to see how fun the English language could be,without her knowing she learnt more about literature than thought irk irk...
This was 10 years ago,Now I have her little sister who loves On the Ning Nang Nong,especially with sound effects.
Let the light live on!
3 people found this helpful
on 13 January 2018
Exactly what you'd expect from Milligan. Surrealist in parts, funny in parts. But at all times you're aware that the kids are getting something they wouldn't be getting anywhere else.
on 25 August 2012
A beautiful compilation of all of Milligans Childrens poetry and stories, if - like me - you were brought up on Milligan this book will bring the memories flooding back.

A wonderful book for children of all ages and adults too.

'Today I saw a little worm, wriggling on its belly. Perhaps he'd like to come inside and see whats on the telly'

The first poem I ever learned and one that has always stayed with me.

Essential reading, I cant wait til my daughters old enough to enjoy them.

Wonderful stuff.
on 15 March 2018
Great material from Spike but be aware this version (the hardback in our case) is littered with typos and in some cases the words changed from the original poem probably through poor transcription. They should have employed a proof reader!
on 2 August 2016
It was bought for me as I adore Milligan, stolen by my grand-children. Will have to buy another copy.
on 20 February 2017
Superb for kids I bought this for a friends little girl when she was six and four years on she still reads it.
on 22 July 2017
what a good book
and it is timeless
my friends grandchildren find it as funny as I did "back in the day"
the delivery was fast and the cost was low
on 14 April 2017
Fabulous value fabulous book..brilliant present for my 5yr old granddaughter
on 6 March 2018
A present for my grandson to show our British humour to his uni friends.
on 6 February 2015
Such a lovely collection of fun poems and stories for children has quirky things that make them land you laugh. Spike Milligan truly did have an original mind. This was book damaged in a leak and I had to replace it for my now twenty one year old son because he was upset at it's loss.