on 5 December 2002
I am not a big reader of books (and from this review you will probably spot that!), but I am an avid James Bond fan, (I have a website dedicated to the movies). Anyway back on topic Pierce is one of my favourite Bonds, and i noticed this book in a book shop, but not being a big reader I thought I wouldn't risk buying it, but borrow it from the library, so i did. After sitting down with the book, i found my self hooked, and realised that i knew nothing about this actor apart from his 007 roles and one other film he had made.
For me as a Bond fan there is lots of inside information which is especially interesting, including how he nearly was Bond earlier but Timothy Dalton ended up doing the role, and how Pierce's first wife was a Bond girl too. Aside form the Bond information, you get all the stuff you would expect in a biography, you learn how harsh his upbringing was, and how complicated his acting career and life have been so far.
I found this book very informative and very interesting and after returning the book to the library I ordered myself a copy, and i recommend you do to.
on 29 January 2003
It is a great read, don't get me wrong, but the thing I usually enjoy most about reading famous peoples biographies are that they are mostly rags to riches tales. Even if the accounts of their lives in these books are untrue they make refreshing and enjoyable reading. In Pierce Brosnan's biography however it seems that every good thing that happens in his life is followed directly after by two bad things. I am not over exagerating read it for yourself and you'll see. It is a good book but be prepared to cry, it's hard not to. It isn't easy being Bond!
on 19 April 2014
I chose this book because Pierce Brosnan is one of my favourite actors and in small cities in France it's not so easy to find books,pictures about international stars that's why I ordered it when I saw it.It'a very beautiful book and I can say to his fans to buy this book.
on 18 November 2015
Pierce Brosnan's life is very much like a Greek tragedy in places. You cannot fail to be sad for him when you read this book. Makes you realise that although he has money, very good looks, fame and is obviously a very good father and husband, the luck of the Irish is not always shining on him.

Good read, which left me crying in places, for the young boy he was, to the loss of a wife and daughter to cancer, and the manipulation of television and film companies that conspired to lose him the role of Bond in the 1980's before he won it in the 1990's.
on 11 June 2009
Really well researched Biography, with plenty of back history & details. Sadly however that tends to get in the way as the constant streams of information the author throws at you ultimately leave you feeling like your reading a copy of Whitakers Almanack. Personally I'm a BIG Bond/Brosnan fan & whilst this book didn't leave me with a negitive opinion of its subject neither did it leave me feeling any more connected to it.
on 24 December 2005
Excellent book on life story of the Bond star.
Perhaps most interesting are descriptions
of his early adventures in the theatre and
some explanations of his family life. Some
excellent photos of him when he was younger
too. As the chapter titles say, from Smalltown
boy (chap 1) to Superstar (chap 13) !!