Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now pd pd Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Learn more Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

Customer reviews

on 4 February 2015
Excellent service will use again AAA
on 28 December 2012
This is a good set of books ideal to take on holiday not expensive so can be left in the resorts library .
on 13 December 2002
This is a great book. Having followed Will through Pop Idol its nice to see what hes really like now its all over and whether fame and success has changed him. Thankfully it hasn't and he's still as grounded as ever. This book is a perfect Xmas Present for Will fans and there are some great photos in it. All in all a good buy!
5 people found this helpful
on 19 October 2003
This book is fabulous - the pictures are amazing and Will looks stunning in them all. Its great to see him back - new book, album and single out soon - we have all missed you Will.
8 people found this helpful
on 2 January 2003
I, like thousands of other people across the country, am a fan of Will Young and have followed his progress from the final 50 of Pop Idol until this very day. This book picks up nicely from where his book Anything is Possible finished. I think it proves he has staying power and WILL not end up as a flash in the pan like Hear say (who?)!! The photographs are charming, sensitive and show what a natural Will is at being himself. This book is a treat for fans but would also provide any sceptics with some insight into his world, how fame has affected him and his hopes for the future.
12 people found this helpful
on 2 November 2002
This book by Richard Galpin gives an insight into Will Young's life from just before the Jubilee until later in the year when he was recording the album "From Now On".
It is very interesting and there are loads of gorgeous pictures of Will. The author obviously fell under the spell of the charismatic Will Young. In the very last paragraph he says:
'Since starting this book all my friends have been keen to know exactly what Will's like. Well, he's not the grinning buffoon I originally had him down as... he is, well, how can I put it? A thoroughly "nice bloke".'
This says it all - Will IS a thoroughly nice bloke and the author brings this out in what is a very good book, which I recommend to anyone interested in the music industry.
6 people found this helpful
on 4 June 2003
How much do I love Will Young? Like absolutely loads. I first began to like him on pop idol and then was stuck on him ever since. When I became a audience member of 2002's children in need I became to love him even more for the down to earth guy he really is. I received this book for christmas and could not put it down when I started. The way in which its written and the way in which will is portrayed is definately correct. He's the kind of guy you wanna know and have a laugh with becoz he just seems so kool about everything!
All in all a great book and would recommend it to anyone- not just huge will fans like myself!
6 people found this helpful
on 6 November 2002
I bought this last night, and I could not put it down. I even missed Eastenders coz I was so engrossed by it!
It's not written by Will, but you can tell he has had a great deal of input into the style and content of what is a great read! I have actually nearly finished it... yes in one night. It's not the most wordy of books but it doesn't need to be! It gets straight to the point and that is what makes it such a great book. It's also got loads of images of Will, some candid shots and others obviously staged shots.
This really is a warts-and-all biography and confronts issues of his sexuality and the pressures that fame have thrown at him, but all the way through the book you can definitely see the star quality as well as the boy-next-door earthiness that has made this man the PopIdol that he is!
The only reason I gave this 4 stars is because it's not long enough. I can't wait for a second installment as this piece is truly amazing... as is he!
Well done Richard Galpin, for writing the truth in a way that is both interesting and inoffensive... (although some of the language and references used may not be suitable for young children!)
4 people found this helpful
on 16 November 2002
This book is excellent. From start to finish it makes you realise (if you hadn't already) what a thoroughly nice person Will is. It shows his up days as well as days when maybe fame gets in the way, and as he is a person who is not searching for fame, I should imagine it can be difficult at times. There are some fantastic photos showing him at work and play. He is humerous in the way he talks to the writer and the writer is excellent for getting Will down on paper just as he is. Being a more mature fan and having seen singers come and go I have no fear that Will will be around for a long time and I am certainly glad to have bought this book at the beginning of his career. Each time I finish it I start it again and always manage to find that little snippet that may have been missed. I would love to see more books like this, it is so down to earth and the main thing is it puts a smile on your face. Keep up the good work Will and if you decide to do another book go with the same writer you really seem to hit it off.
10 people found this helpful
on 29 October 2002
After reading Will's Pop Idol diary, Anything is Possible, I didn't really think that there would be much more to say about Will. Everyone knows what a talented performer he is, and having seen him in concert, I can safely say he is one of the most original and entertaining artists to be in the public eye for a long time. However, this book really surpassed by expectations. Will comes across as a genuinely decent guy, not at all spoiled by celebrity, exacting in his professional aims, and with a great sense of humour. Its a pleasure to read a pop book that doesn't just focus on how many records they have sold or roadshows they've appeared in. Will seems to be amazed at his good fortune and hasn't let his newfound status turn his head. Whether you're a Will Young fan or if you are interested in the lifestyle of a celebrity who doesn't just want to spend their life turning up to the opening of a paper bag, but is an intelligent and thoughtful individual this is the book to buy. And the new pictures are also fantastic - he looks great!! Buy it- you won't be disappointed.
4 people found this helpful