Format: Hardcover|Change

on 17 April 2012
The best gift I have received this year.
I am a self confessed Liberty fanatic but this book does not disappoint. Only wish it was more than 80 pages. It must have been so hard to pick out the designs to include.
I am especially grateful for the CD accompaniment. can now have my favourite tana lawn prints as a screensaver/wallpaper.
As you would expect from V+A a good quality production (reminiscent of the Webb and Bower V+A design series published in the 80s)and a reasonable price for a small "coffee table" style book which will be browsed through again and again.....Good to read the history of some of the prints which are often wrongly attributed to William Morris or Arthur Silver.
Just bought another copy for a friend but how to chose which others in the series? I want them all.
I hope the author is planning a complete catalogue of all the Liberty prints in the archive soon!
on 8 March 2014
This is a little book packed with info about the patterns of Libertys. It's so good and talks breifly at the front about the history of the store. For the price, it was rude not to buy it. It helped me alot with an essay I was doing based on the departmnt store.
on 22 January 2013
It was a great gift to give to a friend who is a designer and quality tailor. He raved about it and said it was full of designs that would inspire him.
on 1 April 2015
I bought this book as a gift for my daughter who studies textiles at uni. She loves the book and the designs in it. It is only small but packed full of beautiful patterns. I would definitely recommend this cute little book.
on 31 December 2012
I bought this for my daughter who is an art and textiles student - she was most impressed. She has a number of these V&A Pattern books now and finds them invaluable for her uni course.
on 28 May 2013
Lovely book but not as extensive as I had hoped but still good value. Good cross-section of designs across several years.
on 23 May 2016
An amazing V&A book, I now have several and they are amazing quality pictures that have helped inspire a few projects, would strongly recommend any of this V&A series.
on 4 December 2015
great series of books to own, a treat
on 5 May 2016