Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Alice Cooper Learn more Fitbit

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 22 March 2013
For anyone who wants to know about knit this is the perfect book, bought for my daughter studying Constructed textiles as University specialising in knit- was a very comprehensive book.
on 1 February 2013
It is a beautifull book with a lot of historic information.
If that is what you like than this book is a hit!
on 1 January 2013
This is a beautiful book - I got it for Christmas and it's fascinating. I love the cover which is Shiaparelli's trompe l'oeil sweater from 1923. As you would expect there are loads of absolutely beautiful images and amazing examples of detail and craftmanship including socks, underwear, caps, lace shawls etc, and pictures of old knitting tools. The book starts with the history of knitting going right back to the 13th century and covers amongst other things, industry, home knitting and couture so it's very comprehensive. I even came across some knitting patterns I have in my collection. Anyone remember Patricia Robert's sweater with the bunches of grapes? Mine was knitted by my mother in law - a wonderful knitter. A book to treasure, full of treasures!
on 28 August 2014
Bought as slightly jokey retirement gift but a beautifully illustrated and scholarly book.
on 5 November 2015
Best for good clear images
Downside strongly derivative from Rutt
on 23 July 2013
this is nice for my bisnes and my good frends for look for patterns my freand love it so muts