Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 June 2002
This book is very interesting and has plenty of photos and some origional sketches by the jewellers that are very beautiful. It would have been nice to have more photos of the tiaras being modelled as most of the pictures feature them in cabinets and it is quite hard to imagine how they look worn! However it is a beautiful book and gives a good overview of tiara design.
on 23 April 2012
Due to the price, I admit I was hesitant to purchase this book when there are so many others on my wish list. Now that I have it, I have to say that I'm every bit as pleased with it as I could possibly be. The photographs are beautiful and inspiring.

There is one question/criticism though - I know that there are other tiara books by this author on Amazon Tiaras: A History of SplendourTiaras and also Tiaras, and I simply do not know whether they are revamps of the same work or additional works. Maybe I've missed something? It would be nice to know as I would certainly buy others if I'm not repeating the same as I've already got here. Clarification through Amazon or other quarters would help here.
on 18 August 2015
Beautiful images, was really impressed with this book. Thought there was maybe a couple of inaccuracies but overall was an interesting read with fantastic photos of tiaras. Loved it! My copy was second hand but was in excellent condition.
on 16 May 2013
Originally had this book from my local library which is the reason I purchased a copy. Good photos, interesting articles to read. Find it useful for ideas for bridal and costume events. Enjoy leafing through it. Good for anyone considering making tiaras for bridal, theatre or similar events. Plenty of ideas to be developed and/copied and adapted.
on 17 January 2013
This is a gorgeous book with loads of photos and pictures as well as interesting information, including tiaras which have been dismantled since as the jewels are re-used. Definitely worth the money.
on 16 March 2015
Really lovely book, with some gorgeous photos. I like how it covers different eras, that I found particularly fascinating.
on 6 March 2016
Stunning photos and the accompanying text by is equally as absorbing.
on 13 February 2015
Absolutely lovely book - no tantrums here!
on 16 March 2016