Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 December 2013
My Dad's a retired Superintendent Radiographer and was also a secondary school Physics teacher later in life and so this book made an ideal little Christmas gift for him. He had a stroke recently and so anything that holds his attention these days and makes him laugh is always a huge bonus to me. And although he is still only a few chapters in, he reckons that it is a very good as well as an 'accessible' read so far. And amazingly, it only cost me just 14p for a brand new sealed copy plus p&p too?!!

I am unfortunately very ignorant on such matters myself due to a very poor school education that required a lot of hard work to catch up on when at College - and, in all honesty, Physics and Chemistry were definitely NOT my favourite subjects! However, I may just sneak a little read of this book in the New Year, if only just see if I can understand, or maybe even learn something from it?

I'm not quite sure exactly what kind of impression it has left on our dog, Tia-Maria, though? - but still she did consent to sit quietly on my Dad's knee and listen (in what did appear to be a fascinated silence?) while he read some of the key points out to her? Our other dog, Mitzi-Ditzi, however was distinctly less interested and she chose to crawl under the sofa in search of any 'vintage' Bonio crumbs instead!!! ;o>
on 26 June 2016
want to understand quantum physics ? look no further this book will make it incredibly clear for anyone!
on 7 August 2017
Very informative and readable. Even makes you laugh out loud in places but at the end of it you at least know what it is about.
on 7 March 2017
Not as helpful as hoped, but I find Quantum a challenge.
on 8 September 2017
my dog loved this s
on 25 August 2016
My dog seems to know no more about this subject than before I bought it. But I do.
on 23 April 2017
My grandson, aged 14, really enjoyed it.
on 18 September 2017
A great way to understand Physics
on 12 May 2017
Absolutely fantastic! Explanations for the topics in the book are all very clear, and also very witty.
on 21 April 2011
I'm currently studying Physics for A-Level and the course covers a bit of simple quantum mechanics. Of course, quantum mechanics is something which fascinates almost everyone, and so I looked around for some books about the subject and came across this from a recommendation from my teacher. Admittedly, before reading the book I thought it would either be overly complicated (which many books on this subject are) or patronising and simple but to my surprise, from cover to cover the book kept me hooked -- it not only covers things that I've learned in class but new topics too, such as quantum tunnelling. Harder topics are introduced slowly and in a funny manner: usually with an intro from an encounter with the author's dog! Jokes are well placed and not too much, they allow the reader to have a good laugh yet still learn about the wonders of the quantum world. Well worth reading for anyone wanting to find out more!
0Comment| 172 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse