on 28 October 2017
I'm really glad that I bought this book to learn information for my History class. It provided info on key political names and dates that I needed to know for class. It also has a clear contents page that makes it easy to search for specific events and Ilan Pappe did a great job with shining light onto the atrocities that are still present in Gaza and what is left in Palestine.
on 29 June 2017
A must read for anyone interested in the attorcity that is ongoing in palestine. Not that i wish this review to be overtly political but the fact it is written by a well published Israeli Jew adds some serious credence to his arguements.
on 13 June 2014
i think most of the world is unaware of just the atrocities and human rights abuses of the israelis, this is only one book, but it courageously shines the light in a world people are too scared to stand up to israel's abuses and horrors.
my hats off to the author for such a clear and open account.
on 21 July 2017
Excellent documentation of what happened in Palestine and to the Palestinians
on 9 February 2014
Anyone trying to understand the issues in Middle East and the plight of the Palestinians would do well to read this book.
on 9 March 2014
A must read for anyone interested in the conflict in Palestine & Israel. The detail in this book is second to none and it helps the reader understand the historical context of the state of Israel and how thousands of Palestinians were systematically 'cleansed' from their homes by Israel. The events in this book unfortunately are still being carried out today!

Read this book!
on 30 September 2016
Good Read
on 19 April 2012
As a former Israeli citizen, Proffessor in Israel and a Jew I find it astounding that anyone can claim that this or any of the writings of Ilan Pappe are biased. Pappe provides readers with factual and detailed accounts and information in this book regarding the systematic ethnic cleansing of Palestinians by Israel. I can not recommend this book highly enough for those who are interested in the topic of the Palestinian-Israel conflict or for those who would just like to know more about it. It is thoroughly insightful and by the time you finish reading it I assure you, you will be a more informed person with a far greater appreciation for the plight of the victims of Israel which includes Palestinians amongst many others
on 23 August 2014
One go the best books I have read in a long time. It really opened my mind up to a topic that has alluded me for some time. I have a totally different perspective on Gaza, the people of Palestine and more generally the Wests view on Iraq and the Muslim brotherhood. I hope that during my lifetime the Palestinians suffering ends and Israel is punished for their treatment of these people. Get this book if you want an easy to read chronology of this conflict.
on 6 August 2014
I understand many people will not agree with my opinion but this book made me understand a lot about this long conflict. with the recent bombing in Gaza (regardless the reasons behind it) and the death of almost 2000 people many civilians with a third women and children, I found a lot of similarity of the way Palestinian are threaten (like imprisoning the men, bombing place not thinking about civilians etc.
It is sad and I can only feel sad for the Palestinian people and for the sake of next generation i really hope this conflict will end soon...sad sad reading but a must if u want to know more.