on 23 February 2015
Great little book which appears better than the internet. Nicely laid out and will hopefully resolve the issue of the internet being unclear and confusing. has some useful basics in the front and then goes on to list the various Assay Offices of London, Birmingham, Chester, Dublin, Edinburgh, Exeter, Glasgow, Newcastle, Norwich, Sheffield and York plus the English, Irish and Scottish Provincial Marks.

The edition I received was first publishe 1991 and reprinted in 2014.
on 26 December 2014
An invaluable aid to silver, gold and platinum marks. I particulary like the fact that you see the whole letter sequence and script for each period. I had from previous books found it hard to identify a sequence with just a single letter example.
on 16 March 2015
This is a great book, collecting vintage and antique jewellery is a big hobby for me, and I use this all the time. It is a good size for taking out with you, in a bag, when going to vintage fairs for example. I want the bigger version of this book, but can't justify the cost just now.
on 5 December 2017
If only old marks hadn't been rubbed out ! Many thanks.
on 14 November 2014
Is exactly as described and a useful addition for me, shame it doesn't have more names / initials in lists especially outside London marks but is still a good and useful book to have at a very good price
on 20 August 2017
Useful, but not as comprehensive as I was hoping. Worth having though.
on 21 December 2016
did the job required - I was able to understand all the marking on my gold and silver
on 9 June 2014
Great little book. Will come in very handy when I get some decent weather to go out either to antiques fairs or car boot sales. May even come handy if I find anything with my metal detector. Cheap at the price I bought it too.
on 7 February 2018