on 23 October 2013
A sound analysis of the subject by a true expert, an Oxford botany professor who has researched widely on the origins of fruit. He is rightly cautious in his conclusions. For example on page 13 he states that the baskets similar in style to baskets shown in Spanish paintings of the period were "possibly brought back from an Iberian trip". London port books from the Elizabethan period show thousands of hand baskets being imported directly from Spain.
on 23 November 2013
GIVES A FASCINATING INSIGHT INTO PAST GARDENING TRENDS - BEAUTIFUL PICTURES AS WELL. REALLY GLAD I ORDERED THIS LOVELY BOOK
on 18 January 2016
Beautiful book, brilliant illustrations, fascinating read
on 3 August 2013
Sent to a daughter now resident in London and she was totally thrilled.
We,her parents, live in New Zealand, are so touched and delighted with her reaction.
Must look for a copy here for ourselves!!
Martin & Nyra Harriman
on 15 May 2013
beautiful book - ideal present for keen gardener who has all the other books! Would like to think someone will give me this for my birthday.
on 13 December 2013
I am distressed to find that having taken the trouble to write a review, I was required to concoct a heading for it or it would be cancelled - no further instructin - so my review was blotted out. I cannot afford the time to reeat things like this. I had taken some trouble to write whay I thought of the book and reccommend it highty. I am a prfoessional author and quite upset about this.