on 30 May 1999
Following on from the first volume of his autobiography, this second volume concentrates on Mr.Cushing`s film and tv career. With a wealth of detail concerning his work for Hammer Films, along with the many famous people he worked with during his career (from Laurel & Hardy to Lord Olivier), the book is a delight. A bonus here is that you can actually listen to Peter reading this himself. Definitely recommended.
on 28 December 2012
I was so disappointed with this book!

As a lifelong Hammer and Peter Cushing fan, I was looking forward to reading his reminiscences about the Hammer years, and also really hoping he might also recollect some of his Amicus portmanteau films, which are among my favourites (particularly Asylum, the House that Dripped Blood and When the Screaming Starts!).

Sadly, most of the book is taken up with backstage anecdotes about stage productions he was in, and aside from a fascinating couple of pages where he lists all the methods in which his horror characters were variously killed, he doesn't really touch on any of the films in particular. He could not even remember how he died in Asylum, except that Barry Morse was involved. You get the impression that most of the films didn't really stay with him. Obviously he made quite a few per year and wrote this book when he was elderly,so perhaps I am being a bit harsh. But only because I enjoy his horror films so much, and I would have loved to have known his favourites, what he remembered most about each one, etc.

That aside, I was fascinated to learn that he had size 12 1/2 feet and to finally see some photos of his wife, family, friends etc. An amazing actor who brought gravitas and presence to every film I have seen him in (I am trying to work my way through all 91 of them), hopefully there will be a better edited and more in-depth work on his Hammer/Amicus years out there somewhere for me to enjoy.
on 29 October 2016
I am delighted with this book.
Even though the pages are starting to yellow a little, the book is in great condition.
Lots of b/ w photos; some that I haven't seen before, and narrated in that easy, comfortable way that Peter Cushing had.
It isn't as concise as it could have been, but I am very happy to have been allowed iin order history film career even just a bit.
It arrived well within the expected date too.