on 27 April 2017
This book was recommended to me by a preacher at a mission on Easter Sunday. I was brought up in the Christian faith but have struggled to reconcile it with science and logic, but I have an open mind. The first chapter of this book is heavy going because you have to contend with the author's rather verbose style that often obscures the point he is trying to make, and also the details of the Roman legal system, which is a bit tedious. I almost gave up at that point but was glad I continued as the book proved to be a compelling read. There is no doubt about the thoroughness of the research that has gone into this, and that, along with the forensic manner of the arguments, is what makes it very convincing. I particularly liked the fact that the author forces the reader to consider details about the events at that time in a context and level of detail that is often overlooked. While I found many of his arguments convincing, there were a couple that I didn't. One or two suggestions seemed to stretch credibility a little. On the whole this a a very good, very interesting book that will leave you thinking of the events of that period in a whole new level of detail.
on 12 May 2016
Frank Morrison wrote this book about 100 years ago. The title says it all. The author had set out intending to debunk Christianity, particularly the resurrection. He planned on proving it was untrue. Then he began his research and became convinced that it was true.

The book is a thoughtful step by step examination of the words of Scripture combined with psychological and intellectual 'debate' concerning many of the 'characters' found in the four Gospels and Acts. Included is an examination of Paul of Tarsus in an endeavor to understand his conversion and subsequent devotion to the veracity of the resurrection.

Morrison's thesis and logic makes for fascinating reading.

This book has stood the rest of time and will continue to be popular with those who like to get below the surface of the words of Scripture. This is essential Christian reading. I've found it very helpful in trying to understand many of the mysteries surrounding what really happened on that eventful morning some 2000 years ago.

The book title says it so well - "Who mover the stone?"
on 31 January 2018
I suppose it depends on "Where you already are with the Lord" whether or not you find this book helpful or not! I first read it many years ago but it had disappeared from our bookcase when I went to look for it recently (after a disappointed viewing of the DVD "The Case For Christ") - so I got another copy. Yes it covers most of the basic possible explanations - except for the fact that in one gospel account, an angel moved the stone aside and sat upon it!

There had to be the deepest possible conviction in the early believers minds for them to have the courage to face the horrendous persecutions that they underwent. I wonder how many of us Christians would fare in similar circumstances in these days - how strong is our faith, would we be ready to die for it?.
on 31 January 2018
I am reading this book for my Book Club, not my choice. I have to say I have only managed the first chapter and I am finding really hard going. So far I would have to say this is not my cup of tea and even if I wasn't a Christian I'm not sure this would make any difference to me.
It might get better, but at the moment not inspired to pick it up again. Might be usefully for a Bible collage student.
on 21 October 2017
I had heard of this book many years ago but never got round to buying it. At last I have and its was well with the wait. I am still reading it. The writer has a knack of putting his argument in ways not always easy to follow. But its worth the perseverance. For the christian or the searcher there's no more important question...who did move the stone and why? this book will give a believable explanation. Worth the effort.
on 24 November 2015
It's quite interesting but does tend to take a long time to put its points across and is therefore a bit tedious in places. Personally, I prefer the book entitled "I don't have enough faith to be an atheist" by Norman Guisler and Frank Turek as it's easier to read and covers more topics relevant to the Christian religion.
on 31 March 2017
The book is good and makes you think about events that previously you may have not considered. It reads like a mystery thriller. I found the first half of the book easier to read and understand than the second half. You may need a good dictionary as you read!
on 9 February 2016
A very thought provoking book whether you are a beleiver or not. it really made me think of all the different possibilities and left me convinced that the biblical story could be true. would recommend it to anyone
on 16 April 2018
This book is very deep need to read it twice to take it all in but very good proff that Jesus is alive we serve a risen Lord
on 20 February 2018
Very good read. Interesting coming from a man who thought the idea of the resurrection was a myth.
Easy to read too. Very enjoyable.