on 24 December 2013
Tozer was never a mainstream church-centred teacher but in some way this freed him to explore his own walk and to share those findings with other believers who seek a deeper understanding. The call to walk in, as the title says, knowledge of the holy is a powerful challenge and Institutional Christianity can have a limiting effect on life in the Spirit, with this book helping to open a more reflective inner walk.
on 18 March 2015
"Without doubt, the mightiest thought the mind can entertain is the thought of God, and the weightiest word in any language is its word for God."

"The first step down for any church is taken when it surrenders its high opinion of God."

A few excerpts from the book. The best I have ever read on the Attributes of God..
on 12 December 2012
Tozer opens with stating that what comes to mind when we think about God is the most important thing about us. It then goes on to expound and magnify the attributes of the Holiness of God - to better and deepen what does and will come to mind when we think about God now and in the future.

It brings exceptional levels of insight into the personhood of God and starts to plumb the depths of who He is.
This book is entirely about God - and yet its relevance for our day to day lives and who we are in Him cannot be understated.
It continues to have a profound influence upon my thinking about who God is and who I am in God and its influence upon my relationship with God has been significant. It is the sort of book that has the potential to change you. So be warned!
on 18 March 2014
This book is so deep, its what I have really been looking for, this book will help take you higher and deeper in the Lord. Be prepared for the journey.
on 11 March 2017
Excellent one!
on 3 January 2013
Although mature Christians acknowledge that the human mind cannot comprehend the magnitude of God we still continue in these feeble efforts. A Mom W Tozer has tried to reconcile our/his efforts in this pursuit of understanding and helps us to understand why this pursuit is an impossible task but also to comprehend why it is an impossible task
on 18 January 2013
This book makes the reader meditate upon the greatness of our God, the eternal, infinite, self-existent, self-sufficient Trinity. Guaranteed to encourage the heart as one reads every chapter, each of which explains or reminds us about something true about the Lord God almighty.
on 19 July 2017
Provided some interesting ideas.
on 15 May 2013
Each sentence is loaded with implications. Every word carries the meaning the way Tozer intended it. Very clear but very profound. Like diving into a clear deep well of huge depth when reading it. Just as refreshing.
on 1 January 2013
I have read this book along with the Pursuit of God at least 3 times and I intend to keep on reading this book and The Pursuit of God. Every time I read them I learn something new and amazing about the God I love and serve. If you hunger after God then this is the book for you. I found it deep, nourishing 100% spiritual protien.