on 22 April 2010
I chose this book because out of all the pets welcome themed books this seemed to have the most diverse range of establishments that welcome our beloved pets. I got the impression that it included, not only holiday properties, but also pubs, tea shops etc. However, having received it, I now see that about 95% of the content is for holiday properties with the odd pub mentioned. So unless you are continually changing where you go on holiday the additional information is very limited, so I was somewhat disappointed. I thought it was a book we could take with us but sadly, it will not be. It also has very limited coverage of certain areas of the country.
on 3 February 2010
I found this to be a very useful guide, with all sorts of places to stay where dogs are welcome - mostly in the UK, but a few in France as well. It seemed to me to be quite comprehensive, unlike some other guides.

We had never thought about taking Jimboy abroad so not only was it was useful to have some addresses for places, but this guide also contained useful information on what you need to do in advance, like vaccines and microchips.

The section on walks was good, though I wished it had been bigger, and we loved the Readers' pets pix too!

We enjoy travelling, so I can see this book living permanently in the car!