Customer reviews

on 11 February 2016
Gave this to Mr. Gordon, the chef at Fork Handles, St. Peters Rd., Petersfield. He doesn't need it but just meant as a friendly gesture. We are still on speaking terms. It was the cover that got me.
For some reason, Fork Handles is where the professionals gather?!?
For me I still adhere to my dear old mother's, Kate Aitken 1953 cookbook, which is pocket book size and has fallen to bits over the years.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 March 2004
If you are after original recipes to surprise and delight guests then this book is a must. Preparation is not onerous, ingredients are not run of the mill but not impossible to find either and alternatives are suggested. My all time favouite must be the rabbit legs wrapped in prosciutto and stuffed with a herb butter. It is a pity that the restaurant rarely cooks many of the dishes in this book nowadays. These are the dishes that wowed punters in the ealy nineties, so much so that despite its size you still had to wait weeks for a reservation. Buy the book, see what all the fuss as about!!
on 27 February 2003
I am sure those who have a passion for cooking have experienced disappointment big or small, when a newly purchased receipe book does not live up to your expectations or publishers'high praises. I was looking for something that is equally as trust-worthy as Le Gavroche cook book by Michel Roux for a long time and unearthed this gem of a cookery book at last. The receips are realistic and practical and yet with successful results. The Ox tail receipe is our dinner party favourite now and the dessert is simple and fantastic. Just love it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse