Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 April 1999
This takes fairy tales and fantasy to a whole new level. I'm not a fantasy reader but once I picked up this book I could not put it down. I even recommended it to a friend who agreed that it was storytelling at its best. Buy this book, you won't regret it!!
on 18 August 1999
One of the best books I had read in a long time. I was craving something different than what I normally read and this was certainly it. Very romantic!! I'm a librarian and I will recommend it to everyone who wants to read something different!
on 30 May 1999
Very humorous characters and ways of constructing sentences. At times the story got dull, but the witty ways of thinking kept me through. I never though sci-fi could be so exciting. Now I see why Orson Scott Card is so beloved.
on 19 July 1999
I agree with some of the nitpicking stuff, but the bottom line is this is just a really good, engaging story. It's not something you'll make all your friends read like Ender's Game, but it is something you will suggest to them.
on 23 April 1999
This was a good variation on Sleeping Beauty and was an entertaining read, I had a hard time putting it down until I finished it, but at the end it kind of awkwardly jumped to a happily ever after ending.
on 29 July 1999
Card is probably my favorite author. And the diversity of stuff he puts out, as demonstrated by this book, which is nothing like anything else he's ever written, but still excellent, is one reason why.
on 17 August 1999
Orson Scott Card knows how to bring all elements of a story together. And here, working from the legends of Russian and western European fairytales, he does an amazing job!
on 11 August 1999
This book is fantastic! It's unlike any other I've read. I reccomend it to any one that likes Sci-Fi, fantasy, action, romance, or just wants a good book.
on 13 March 2016
Fantastic book! A wonderful story with Very funny, but also has sympathetic real characters, especially the evil witch Baba Yaga.
on 12 April 2009
This book has everything; fairytales with a modern twist, time travel, romance, magic, adventure... Overall a great read.