on 25 May 2011
It covers the specification well. Some of the explanations could be more direct. The material in the content is not always tailored exactly to the specification; however the specification itself can be a bit vague too. Given the weighting towards evaluation in the PY4, it would be helpful to have more evaluation in the content of the chapters. However, the examination hints are clear, the advice is sensible and there are interesting snippets to liven what can be guite a dull drag through methods, methods and yet more methods. Curiously while validity is explored in huge detail for the PY3, reliability is a little under-done.
on 9 May 2011
Good book buts lots of typing and gramatical errors. May be my son's Asperger's that makes them more obvious to him but makes it confusing for him sometimes. He does however say someone else on his course has had same experience and they are NT! Has still provided some useful information and the summaries at the end of chapters are good.
on 19 April 2011
Being on WJEC hasn't been the easiest option for psychology as it is, as the exam is based on learning an inordinate amount of information primed to regurgitate under examination conditions and the final exam is the worst of them all. Hence I felt I needed to purchase this book to make sure I could pass, but the information is so brief with little to no room for elaboration it's just confusing. I'm hauling through it none the less simply because I have no other alternatives but I'll be surprised if I get better than a C (and I've never gotten less than 80% on any of my other exams). Considering the difficulty of the exam, one would expect there to be at least one reasonably good book to help individuals through the course!
on 28 November 2012
not as good as the as book, a lot of information but quite alot of things that arent that relevent! still the best book for the exam board though!
on 14 July 2014
This is a very good book for revising and understanding the basic knowledge of the core material covered in the year of physchology and helped me tremendously with my revision.
on 19 July 2014
Amazing for studying during the year AND revision! Unlike AQA books, this is extremely useful and tailored to the essays needed in the exam.
Arrived in great quality.
on 25 August 2015
didnt use it once. DONT BOTHER BUYING IT. my teacher hounded me to get it and when i did he said it was pretty much useless -.-
on 8 January 2014
I bought this for my daughter to revise for her Psychology course and she is delighted with it! Thank you
on 2 November 2015
Great product and packaging
on 26 May 2015
Does what it says it does.