on 11 October 2017
Lovely production, love the soft tactile cover. Lots of excellent photos. I was hoping for a wider range of examples of work, perhaps more experimental pieces. Not quite sure those pages on printmaking were necessary, except for those printing and stitching onto the fabric maybe? I wanted a book that might help Inspire more experimental approaches to hand quilting more traditional quilts.
on 2 June 2014
These marks are made by stitches used to create a variety of textures and patterns in ways I I have never thought of.
I found trying out the various techniques led me on to experiment with patterns of my own. This is a very inspiring book
on 8 June 2014
Inspirational & new. Perhaps because of the author's round about way into textile art she approaches in a way that is captivating. I love the photography, her journey & the way she encourages observation - I shall look out for further books with anticipated pleasure.
on 9 February 2014
I love this book, I first came across it when one of the members of our textile group showed us her copy. I had to get one! Now I keep delving into it and its helped me enormously with my current project.
on 5 October 2017
An excellent book full of ideas which makes you observe items around you.
on 4 April 2014
As a textile artist myself I found this useful as a teaching aid but it offers very little in the way of new insights into the art form. A good guide to some techniques and how to manipulate them.
on 27 November 2016
Bought for wife she loves it
on 1 March 2017
This book is like a Bible. Ideally for starting, or handy to have for reference. Recommend this book.
on 10 April 2015
Good helpful book
on 30 October 2017
Wonderful book for hand sewing.