Format: Hardcover|Change

This 96 page book of line drawings is beautifully produced. The drawings by Hannah Dipper and Robin Farquhar of the business `peoplewillalwaysneedplates' are exquisite and will be a real joy to those with an interest in architecture, particularly Modernist buildings in London. Each drawing, and they are not all modern buildings, is accompanied by a few lines of explanatory text. The text is minimal and purchasers should not expect copious background notes to the buildings; this is a picture-book for enthusiasts. My only criticism is that some of my favourite London Modernist buildings were absent from the book. I hope that the authors feel moved to publish a second volume in which, perhaps, they may appear.
on 30 May 2016
Amazing style that actually enhances some bland modern architecture. Also works perfectly with older architecture too. A very eclectic choice of targets. You don't need to be interested in architecture to appreciate this book, just a lover of beautiful imagery. It is one of my favourite Art books.
on 26 October 2011
I have been collecting the beautiful mugs produced by People Will Always Need Plates for years. What an excellent idea to combine all the images in a book! Each drawing is accompanied by a brief description. Addresses are listed on the back, and I look forward to taking an architectural tour to those I haven't yet seen in the flesh.
Looking forward to volume 2 already ...
on 21 March 2015
From the people that produce "People need plates" - mainly line drawing - but useful info and address