Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 January 2013
I bought this book as I suffer from Schizoaffective Disorder. I already knew alot about the illness, but it was nice to have it all spelt out in onne small volume. I found the information about the symptoms and treatment useful, especilly why multipul drugs are used. Of most use was the self help section, with it's examples of worksheets to use to both help see when an episode is about to happen (including preplanning what you want re treatment) and also deal with the psychological symptoms via CBT and CAT techniques. It is great to have a book on this illness since very little is available which is accessible to the lay person and their family. I found it a really positive book and would recommend it to anyone with an interest in the subject - sufferers, their families and Profesionals alike.
on 7 July 2013
difficult illness to diagnose with lots of different mental health problems all rolled into one..phycosis and depression mixed with hypo mania and anxiety problems..this book has a good base of knowlegde about the condition.
on 24 December 2012
This book is quite informative and answers the main questions that may arise about the subject. I thought there was a bit too much information on medications, as normally it is prescribed by doctors and individually depending on the case.
on 25 August 2014
Having just been given the diagnosis of Schizoaffect Disorder it was good to read about the symptoms, treatments and support in a little more depth that websites.
on 10 July 2015
Very helpful and easy to follow read.
on 14 March 2014
This book has been a revelation to me, helping me understand for the first time what nobody else has told me. Fantastic book.