on 29 March 2012
Well, this arrived this morning. Most of the recipes are not very inspiring, just along the way they say "This can be frozen for up to 1 month" or "This can safely be left in the fridge for 24 hours".
If I'd have seen this in a bookshop I wouldn't have bought it.
The feta and sweetcorn parcels might be worth a try and there are some leek and goats cheese pastries that can be frozen... worth trying maybe...
on 21 November 2015
I bought 3 books from this series for my daughter, who recently left home. she is a busy young woman and she tells me these books are really helpful. She now makes about a weeks worth of meals in one go and freezes them. This makes for quick evening meals, without having to eat supermarket ready meals. The book itself is small in design with good information and users a lot of items most people would have in their store cupboard or fridge. I've now started to buy other books from this series for myself.
on 3 July 2012
Not my 'favourite in the range' but I love this whole range of books, okay so there is a little repetition when you have a lot of them, but it is not much. The choice of dishes is excellent, easy to source ingredients, easy to follow recipes, varied cuisines and styles, lots of lovely pictures (and WOW most of the time mine do even look like the pictures!), this series of books are my 'go to' and most used cook books of all, 'make ahead' meals has great ideas you can prepare in advance for a picnic, bbq, buffet or other 'big' home catering event, and also (if you are like me and get stressed once the guests arrive) dishes that can be 90% prepared earlier in the day. The other super useful thing is that every recipe also comes with dietary information.
on 29 May 2012
Nice price on a few recipe ideas. We're always using the goodfood website on an ipad but its good to have some fresh ideas accessible. Most of them have dairy in which isn't ideal for us but we'll definitely be buying more in this series, a few quid for 100 simple recipes is very reasonable.
on 21 September 2014
I was looking for recipes you can freeze and this book is helpful, although not all of them can be frozen and some just keep for a couple of days. It has recipes for everyday dishes to freeze like sausage casserole, lasagne, fish pie, goulash and cauliflower cheese. There are also some more fancy ideas for entertaining and knowing you can do something a day or two in advance is very handy. The frozen blueberry and lime cheesecake is so divine it didn't stay in the freezer very long!

It's not always obvious from a recipe how it is "make-ahead" and you have to read through the instructions until you find the bit that tells you. It's a simple little book and I'm not complaining about 100 recipes for a few quid.
on 1 June 2014
Purchased for my niece who loves it. She finds it helpful to plan family meal costs and menus particularly for the children.
on 19 January 2014
I am always wanting to make meals in advance and this book has some excellent recipes.
Makes entertaining seem like you have been to no trouble at all.
on 5 March 2015
Have already tried some of the recipes; delicious food so far. I am confident that this will become one of my favorite cook books.
on 14 October 2014
Very useful book. Great recipes to prepare in advance . Useful for entertaining so you are not tied to kitchen .
on 7 July 2015
yum yum yum - im a student a i loved this - some good recipes in there to impress the parents with as well!