Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 June 2011
I ended up getting this book at Christmas after finding two books I really wanted on a 3 for 2 offer in Waterstones but being unable to find a third. In frustration I picked this one up and went home annoyed that there wasn't something I wanted more.

But I have to say that this is a great little book. The instructions are clearly laid out, the ingredients are easy to read and the recipes are easy to make (well the ones I've made so far have been)
There something to be said for a well laid out, simple little book that you're not afraid to get dirty compared to the heavy, glossy pretty hard back books that you're afraid to open in case you get it dirty.

And most importantly the recipes I've made have all tasted good.
on 10 June 2011
Book is excellent and clearly shows the correct way to cook the recipes. There is nothing complicated about the content of the book and is a step forward for those amateur cooks like myself wno want to extend their range of menus.
on 18 July 2014
An excellent 'little' book, both for variety and accessibility of recipes/ingredients/prep time and for price! I collect cookery books and have many Italian/pasta books from the 70s and 80s - so not everything in here is 'new' to me (or indeed 'new'), BUT for someone wishing to acquaint themselves with or expand their repertoire of delicious, no-nonsense 'classic' and regional dishes including or based around pasta (soups, salads, mains, etc), this handy book would be very hard to beat. (All the My Kitchen Table books seem very good - I have several, including Ken Hom's. They are obviously not as big and 'glossy' as the larger, hardback or coffe-table cookery books, but they pack a lot of info and pictures into a small space and every recipe is very workable.) I have Carluccio's latest 'Pasta' book, which is very good and well-illustrated, but amazingly this little gem holds its own alongside it! Very good, buy one and enjoy!
on 2 March 2014
This is a super little book, full of mouth-watering authenic Italian recipes with great colour pictures throughout. There are so many ideas I haven't seen before, that this will keep my family fed for some time. Very good value for money.
on 1 July 2014
Bought this book as a Kindle version. All the recipes are easy, well described and mostly very cheap to cook. many meals can be made in about 15 minutes.

I did the lobster pasta recipe, but changed it to prawns, squid and cod. The taste was incredible, better than I have had in many Italian restaurants.

The books is well laid out, with a full contents index or by popular or classic recipes. Every recipe has a coloured photograph of the meal.

This is now one of my favourite recipe books, really good at the Kindle version price. I would highly recommend it.
on 12 March 2016
I should maybe give 5 stars but haven't made enough of the recipes yet ... the ones I have cooked been a great hit ... I am not a very experienced or accomplished cook but these are so simply set out and often with so few ingredients to worry about that they don't put you off. Some fussy family members have really enjoyed the meals I have made. I have enjoyed making them.
on 31 January 2014
This is a well written well packed book full of some of the best recipes from a truly talented Chef.
Easy to follow instructions well laid out and delicious when cooked.
Would recommend this to people who like to eat authentic Italian food that's easy to prepare and you can impress friends and family.
on 22 July 2013
Many simple and easily prepared pasta recipes. A few have difficult to find and in some cases expensive ingredients (bottarga for instance) but, on the whole, a definite 'go too' book.
on 11 June 2012
Delicious Italian dishes and family favourites explained in concise, easy to follow recipes. I've made spaghetti carbonara twice, which is made with eggs not cream! Who knew?
on 8 September 2014
Terrific recipe book with excellent photos. Clear instructions with Maestro Carluccio giving you ideas for alternate ingredients. Whilst the Table of Contents provides only general topics (soups, etc), the Index is the quick way to find what you need. They were also considerate in that you can search the Index by ingredient or Recipe title! Very helpful.

And, the book gives you the address where you can see pasta being made in a video on line if you need more instruction!