on 3 June 2017
A tender and heart-warming story which ended happily. Watched the recent 2 part film on Movies 24 and totally loved it. The music score was amazing.
on 25 May 2017
Very good read
on 19 October 2014
A great story - keeps you interested throughout and much incidental and gentle Christian teaching. I can recommend Karen Kingsbury wholeheartedly. I have read quite a few of her books and never been disappointed. Have got others still to read. Her books can generally be found in Christian bookshops.
on 8 April 2013
As usual, Karen Kingsbury did it again! She had me drawn into the story within the first 10 pages..... And, I was unable to lay it down! I cried and laughed along with the characters in the book and felt like I was living it myself.

It was a perfect Christmas read - after all the stress & strain to get everything perfect for Christmas; I was able to deflate all of it in 2 days, as I read this book. Not even a holiday / vacation can de - stress me that quick!

Thank you Karen! Keep doing what God has set out for you to do.
on 19 May 2013
Great storyline and characters. The author allows the reader to get lost in the story (which I love) and with a Godly influence it's a perfect read!!
on 15 March 2013
Never read any books by this author so did not know what to expect but this is a brilliant story of how people come together even in hard times. Really touching and makes you want to finish the book in one sitting to see what happens.
on 14 November 2012
Karen Kinsbury's name came to my attention as 'an author who knows how to please her audience.' If you are looking for Christian romance with a straight forward plot, it will not disappoint. The story setting appealed to me and I enjoy romantic fiction, but this was the first Christian fiction I've ever read and I admit to finding the religious aspect a little irksome at times. That's not to detract from the writing or the story in any way, but perhaps it proves that books marketed as Christian fiction are geared towards a very specific audience and to win over a non-Christian reader would need to be exceptional writing or an outstanding and complex plot that gripped the imagination beyond the characters need to have faith.
on 21 March 2013
I have given this book a five star rating because I fell in love. I fell in love with everything about it, the story, the characters, the writing. A real page turner, I don't think I've ever read a book so fast! Karen Kingsbury has a way of writing with so much heart and spirit. If you've never read anything of hers before this is a good book to start on. You will receive joy when you read this book. There is a God of second chances. A peice of Christmassy Brilliance from an inspirational author!
on 17 July 2013
I was expecting something a lot longer but I think it was a good preparation to the sequel "the chance"... I really love this author's style.
on 13 January 2013
Couldn't set this book down, really enjoyed the storyline, a real feel good story. Another classic from Karen Kingsbury, she never disappoints.