on 5 September 2017
Sorry, I didn't like this book at all. I guess interior style is a very personal thing, and the style ideas and room designs depicted in this book just didn't appeal to me at all. There wasn't a single room, image or idea that I liked...all that clutter and fussy nick knacks and bits and bobs everywhere...I consider it mess, not style. I also found the quotes from children scattered throughout the book a little bit cheesy and cutesy. It's just not the book for me.
on 19 March 2017
amazing book, love it! very inspirational & achievable ideas
on 21 September 2013
My 7 year old daughter and I both sat looking through this book feeling inspired to add some new creative touches to our home. We love the colours, the mix of vintage & contemporary, budget & high end. I'm sure it's a book I'm going to come back to over & over again when I need some creative inspiration for my family home. Best interiors book I've seen in a long time.
on 19 September 2013
I read a lot of interior magazines. There is nothing I love more than a hot bath, cuppa tea (or glass of cold white something) and a mag. I love Elle Decoration. I love Grand Designs.
What I particularly adore about this bright tome is the voice of the author.
I felt as if she was walking me around these homes - 'Look at this! Isn't it gorgeous!"
The voice is friendly, familiar and distinctly not saying 'You can get this tea towel for £28 at a store near me'.
The homes are warm, tea- timeish, colourful, seductive. Easy and comfortable and inviting.

I wish they would invite me round for a cup of tea.
Or a glass of wine.
Get this book if you have children, get if it if you haven't.
We all need to keep hold of the spirit of family life.
on 15 September 2016
Beautiful book Ashlyn, well done! I bought it ages ago and look at it frequently for ideas and inspiration but I don't get around to writing reviews. When our house is eventually renovated it will, in part, have been influenced by you. Hopefully, when it is done, you will be able to come and see it for yourself? Still have to purchase your last book. x
on 15 September 2015
I received this book as a gift for Mother's Day (after lots of hinting) and I love it. I read it from cover to cover straight away and found it very inspirational. I have many interior design coffee table books and this one is definitely my favourite. Whenever I need to be inspired I pick up this book, it's fab!
on 23 October 2013
I got this book as a present. It is GORGEOUS! I am really enjoying leafing through it. It's very beautiful and accessible and not too daunting. I am usually scared of design, not to mention not being able to afford very much! This is just what I need for inspiring me to create an imaginative space for my young son and I. I think quite a few of my friends will be getting it from me as xmas presents too. It's just so uplifting. Massive thanks to the author!
on 28 November 2013
This book is a must have for any type of home, old or new,there is something for everyone. I couldn't put it down and have read it cover to cover twice, and look forward to using some of the tips when I move into my new home in a couple of weeks. I can not recommend this book highly enough. An Amazing book with fabulous style and ideas for all.
on 4 December 2013
This book isn't just about decorating rooms for children but how their presence in a home can create a playful and cheerful vibe throughout. The vivid pages offer peeks of real homes that include please-touch accents such as ladders, hula hoops, an indoor swing and more. Clever storage ideas are shown like a greeting card rack turned showcase for flat books, prints and post cards. Pins, Pez dispensers, drawings and crafts are all on parade in this book sure to spark ideas on how family members can express themselves while keeping a home that is stylish and enjoyed by all.
on 6 October 2013
I have just bought 5 copies of this book for all my relatives as a lovely Christmas present. It is a very informative book and as you flick through the pages you can feel the warmth of the homes that are brought to life.
I can highly recommend this book as a way to get great ideas time and time again.