on 3 March 2017
I bought this book as a Christmas present for a friend and he loved it indeed. Lots of great recipes to try.
on 28 January 2017
Not very good recipes, lots of ingredients and expensive.
on 9 March 2015
I love this book. I used to buy snacks and treats from one of Jenna Zoes' websites so knew exactly what to expect from the book. Within 15 minutes of the book arriving I had nut butter cups setting in the freezer! A good variety of recipes, plenty quick and easy options. Most ingredients, if you don't already shop healthily, can be bought from the Free From section of a large supermarket or health food store. All snacks and treats have been well received and I've leant the book to many friends who weren't vegan but wanted to clean up their diet.
on 23 February 2014
This is a lovely book, well set out with lots of useful information, tempting recipes and pictures. Unfortunately, if this is not your normal diet, then there are a lot of ingredients (many expensive) you need to purchase before beginning any recipes.

I have only tried a few recipes so far due to the cost, but the power protein granola and spicy masala kale chips are already firm favourites.

I would recommend this book but not to those on a tight budget.
on 1 February 2014
really healthy snacks made at home. There are no healthy cereal bars on the market that don't contain nasty sugars in one form or another. This book has so many great snack recipes - I make them for my kids lunch boxes. Nicely laid out with colour pictures.
on 19 August 2014
Fabulous book, fabulous recipes. I've taken some of these treats into work and colleagues want to buy the book now, and I've had friends round and we've made the recipes together. Many of the recipes are unbelievably quick and easy. It's also quite exciting for me to find recipes for the more unusual ingredients I have in my cupboard - as I flick through the book I keep thinking, 'I have all the ingredients for this in my cupboard now' - things like spirulina, maca, coconut oil. It makes it very easy, and satisfying, to whip up treats in no time at all. There are sweet and savoury snacks, and as a bonus the sweet treats are made with non-refined sugars which means that you don't crave more once you've had one or two so they actually last!
on 29 July 2015
As someone with coeliac disease and lactose intolerance, this book sounded ideal for healthy treat ideas, and indeed there are lots of delicious sounding recipes inside, however I was very disappointed by the volume of unqualified assertions about nutrition in the recipe introductions, some of which are downright wrong or contrary to the best evidence, and some of which are questionable at best.

In addition, despite claiming the book is gluten free, there are recipes included with spelt flour which is not gluten free and would make someone with coeliac disease or wheat allergy very ill. The protein pancake recipe is completely unworkable, seems like one or more ingredients are missing from the recipe.

I will persist with some of the other recipes, but overall it seems like it is written by someone who fundamentally doesn't
understand nutrition.
on 26 April 2014
This is my new favourite book. Easy to follow recipes, and so delicious! The photos are brilliant and if you follow a veggie/vegan/raw style diet you will have most of the ingredients in your store cupboard. In fact, I can get many of the ingredients in my local Tesco Supermarket. This book doesn't 'preach', it's fun and factual, buy it-you'll Love it!
on 2 January 2017
got this as im looking for alternatives to shop bought snacks, and to expand my understanding of healthier options. some nice ideas, will be giving these a go.
on 25 September 2014
Love this book, you can be healthy and naughty at the same time.