on 4 May 2015
I am currently training as a patissier and bought this book with several others for at home practise. What a disappointment. Nothing I have made from here following it's exact instructions have worked. Such a disappointment. The concepts are lovely however no substance. Beautiful pictures with frustratingly wrong recipes.
on 20 May 2014
Not worth buying, unless you just like photographs. Instructions on some recipes are wrong, plus the timings are wrong.
Tried to make Croissants not good results. We then checked other Recipe books and found instructions for kneeding very different.
The proof reader did not do his or her job correctly. If I put my name to a book I would want to have checked everything. Shame on you Will Torrent.
on 19 July 2014
The book itself is rather seductive: beautiful photographs, straightforward recipes and once you work out what type of sugar is needed, clear ingredient lists. However, having now tried 5 different recipes, I've come to the conclusion that the actual recipes are flawed. I think it seems to be the ingredient quantities and having read subsequent reviews, there seems to be some consensus about this. I'm not a patisserie chef but as a home-baker, I usually do alright - every thing I've cooked from Torrent's book hasn't worked. As lovely as this book appears (and if based on looks alone, I'd be tempted to give 4 or 5 stars) I'd avoid buying it.
on 29 April 2013
This book failed to enthuse. It had standard recipes that I have found in other books, so nothing new. sorry
on 7 April 2013
Patisserie that you think impossible to make, made possible at home with Torrant - easy to follow recipes with flare and sparkle. This is the book to use for any special dinner party.
on 23 April 2013
A great book to have regarding all this great Patisserie!
Very Enjoyable to read and to use the super recipes!
on 5 May 2014
Wide varieties of recipies and very lovely cakes, croissants biscuites and fantastic pankes with orange syrup! Love it to have home
on 14 June 2016
The recipes are all clearly set out and extremely tempting. So far, I have only tried one recipe - the Caramelised Banana & Chocolate Mousse gateau. I had no problems following the recipe and the cake turned out brilliantly. Attached are pictures of the finished result. Everyone who had a slice, loves it. The only unhappy party is my waistline! I'm looking forward to working my way through the other recipes.
review image review image review image
on 10 May 2013
Great modernisation on French classics, easy to follow recipes for beginners and refreshers. Defiantly recommend to friends and family. well done Will
on 29 April 2013
I love to bake and own countless cookery books and this one is one of my favourites! A picture for every recipe, simple instructions, easy to follow - I made the madeleines last week and they were fantastic!!! I shall be baking my way through this book for the next few months perfecting my patisserie at home!!