on 9 April 2017
I was looking forward to making cakes from this book but I am rather disappointed. I made 3 cakes up to now and all recipies are not right up to a point, I found the rubarb cake rather bland and the hibiscus/ rose cake was also rather bland plus the hibiscus sirop is hardly to be ound. This week I made the lemon merringue cake and although this one tasted fine, the idea to put lemoncurd on the base before you put the cheesecake mixture on only led to tthe lemoncurd seeping out and that made the bottem unstable and the amount given for the merringue was to much. 2 eggwhites would have been plenty.I am hessitating now to make a fourth recipe.
on 25 July 2013
Plenty of choice in this book, absolutely spoilt for different recipes. Recipes are simple to follow and its great because it contains plenty of recipes without egg (which my friend who this was for is allergic to). Beautiful pictures, and the recipes taste great! Would recommend for all cheesecake lovers!
on 13 May 2017
love it, great recipies
on 14 July 2017
Nice selection of recipes. Book was in immaculate condition.
on 8 January 2017
Received Thank you very much.
on 23 August 2017
Really good book
on 28 April 2017
I liked that s
on 17 May 2017
great variety of cheese cake recipes.
on 27 March 2015
I have been working my way through this recipe book and have done 10 recipes so far. I always annotate the recipes as I make them so I know which ones to go back to.

On the plus side, the pictures are of the cheesecakes look wonderful and there are some recipes that are delicious although do need a little tweaking.
Most of the recipes are not overly sweet.
The pictures give good ideas for presentation with my other cheesecake recipes that are tried and tested and work.

On the negative side however.....
*The quantities and size of some of the cheesecakes are enormous and serve 12.
*Some recipes don't have enough biscuits to cover the base of the tins.
*Any recipes that have a biscuit base have far too much butter in them and lots of the baked cheesecakes leave a pool of oil on the baking tray.
*The ones that I have used that have alcohol in have far too much.
*Whilst I do not like cheesecake to be too sweet the Raspberry and cranachan wasn't sweet enough and didn't taste of honey, and the raspberries, despite careful folding turned the cheesecake bright pink and the finished articles did not look or taste good.
* The Rum and raisin recipe is just plain wrong. The cheesecake is pleasant enough, although the amount of rum seems excessive even to me, but the sauce just doesn't work. It looks nothing like the picture it was an unappetising creamy looking,( and not in a good way), oily mess. And it tasted horrid. Yes I did follow all the recipes exactly. I had to fiddle with the sauce to get a sauce like the one in the picture and so I didn't waste the very costly ingredients.
* The plum crumble did not wow either. When made the cheesecake mixture was not a pretty pink, plum colour as in the picture, but more brownish and I had to add a little red food colouring to make it look edible. The taste was not earth shattering either.

It would have been helpful to have a few more tips, as in what size tin to use if you only wanted to make a cheesecake for 6-8 people rather than 12.
It would have been helpful to know which brand of gelatine she used as there are 2 main leaf gelatine brands and they are different sizes.

So far I have found the book to be style over substance, but will continue working my through the recipes and hope to be proved wrong.
22 Comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2014
im a chef and have a million and one cook books, this one is fresh and beautifully put together, haven't tried all the recipes yet, but the ones I have done have come out well. I also serve a lot of the cheesecakes in work, they go down a storm!!!