on 3 November 2016
I bought this book because I love an organic approach to home design and and so thought the natural home would be a good fit. Sadly the interiors in this book were not my taste at all. They are generally of a dark and rather stark feel and lack comfort, humour or joy. None of the rooms depicted are ones I would want to linger in.
on 15 June 2017
Lovely
on 24 November 2014
Hans Blomquist is a genius of design, neutrals, natural elements and texture. I am quite familiar with his work from the internet and am drawn to the beauty and timelessness of his choices. The photographs TAKEN for this book are exquisite but only as seen in other venues on the internet. I observe that something quite unfortunate has occurred in the PRINTING of these photographs in this book. It is as if a further filter, or a blurring or somehow a dulling down of color has occurred which, when the carefully placed color elements are dulled, results in a well designed portrait of decay rather than a vibrancy enhanced by a perfect background. So often the leaves of a plant appear olive drab as opposed to the vital green I know, as a gardener, that they are. There existed, I am sure, a beautiful balance and synergism in the original room, wherein those items of color are enlivened by the strong earth colors around them and they in turn were deeply alive when complemented by the more obvious color in each image. Still, a beautifully assembled book but one that required and did not receive the most careful presentation of the subtleties of the designer.
on 6 November 2012
This isn't a rewiew as such. This book has to be the most wonderful book on this subject I have ever seen or read.
I felt at long last here are some people I understand. I have had it for only a few days, but keep stopping to look at it and read it. The photographs are truly beautiful. I feel I have found some souls mates. The homes are not everyones cup of tea, but keep looking the beauty and soul of home, and occupants ooze out at you. Thank you so very much
22 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 March 2013
Such a nice rustic & imaginative interiors book. An eclectic mix of original finds put together,asthetically beautiful.Would recommend this lovely book to all who admire natural textures & non contrived homes.
on 21 July 2013
This book is completely different, and really opens your mind to another culture of home-making in an extraordinary way. Not for the faint hearted.
on 9 June 2013
Ever since I received the book, it's laying on my worktable. I get every single time inspired by it, the simplicity and elegance of the message. It is a meditative book. Absolutely a must for beauty in its basic form.
on 29 July 2013
I love this book. I want others to read it and enjoy. Have already stuck a few post its on pages that speak to me and. Want to come back to.....
on 7 June 2013
Beautifully photographed and presented coffee table style book but not really the sort of ideas that would influence most home-makers.
on 18 September 2015
Wonderful, sumptuous book, exquisitely put together, lovely slightly sombre palette. Best interiors book I have seen.