Top positive review
22 people found this helpful
Fantastic Easy Party Food Book - and there is something for everybody...
on 30 June 2012
I`m well impressed with this cook book, when it says easy party food, it really means easy. Not only that, they are delicious as well. Normally when I buy a cookbook, there are only a few recipes that I will end up using, but not this one. I have tried a few recipes with good reception and looking forward to trying the rest.
Presented in a very appetising way - a whole page beautifully photographed food and on the opposite page is the recipe. Each recipe is completed with how much/many it makes or serves so you can adjust the amount to your needs.
There are 100 food recipes here with caters for Vegetarian and non-Vegetarian alike and they are grouped into the following:
- Light bites & dips (e.g. spicy Cajun mixed nuts, cheese balls, potato skin & dip, guacamole, with sour cream & caviar dip, polenta chips with green tabasco mayo, roasted red pepper and walnut dip, spring roll with dip, crab wonton wraps & dip, chilli salt squid, sausage rolls, sesame maple turkey fingers, and more)
- Tarlets and toasts (from mouth-watering roasted tomato & herb tartlets with feta, Caesar salad tarts, smoked salmon, vodka & sour cream tartlets, smoke oyster pastries, sesame prawn toast to fillet steak on toast, and more)
- Chic Canapés (from courgette rolls, vermouth scallops, spicy crab cups, modern take on prawn cocktail to scotch pancakes with smoked salmon and many more)
- Sticks & Skewers (chicken, lamb, duck, Pork, lamb, prawns, mushroom and more on sticks or skewers cooked in different delicious ways)
- Breads & Crackers (small pizzas, flat bread, cheese straws, savoury wafers, and more)
- Buffet dishes (lasagne, honeyed chicken wings, finger licking drumsticks, salads, poached salmon, savoury tarts, etc)
- Sweet Treats (from meringues, éclairs, chocolate truffles, strawberry tartlet cookies to pies, brownies and cupcakes).
And a few drink recipes for crowds.
Most of the ingredients here you can find in your local supermarket, but there are a few that you have to source elsewhere, like Smoked sweet paprika/Pimenton Dulce, which conveniently you can get from Amazon. And the good thing about these recipes is you can always substitute the ingredients with something similar and it will still taste great.
I highly recommend this book.