Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 September 2010
I love cooking, but hate dieting, but the old middle age spread was getting the upper hand, so something had to be done! This book is fab, it has great, easy recipes but more importantly, they are really tasty & you don't feel hungry - honestly & it works! Only diet that has worked for me for years & you don't feel as if you are on a diet. Ideal for everyday tasty recipes that are quick, so also ideal after a hard day at work. Will carry on using the recipes in this book, even after the weight has gone.
on 21 May 2017
Will be added to my collection of cookery books and will look forward to trying out some of the dishes
on 1 August 2017
Good
on 10 September 2017
Very disappointing. Returned as he,t like kind of book I'd pick up in a bargain store for a few pounds.
on 16 April 2016
Some of the recipes in this book include foods that actually have a high GI. For example, the Thai green curry recommends 400g rice for 4 people and has over 700 calories a serving, and one of the lunches involve a wholemeal pitta bread per person. Both were delicious - as were other recipes in the book, but now feeling a little cheated. I bought this book after reading about the benefits of a low GI diet but now I've learnt a little more about the actual GI values of foods now feel I need to look elsewhere.
on 28 February 2016
Have decided that now in my mid sixties I need to do all I can to get and stay healthy. Have made many of the recipes in this book and thoroughly enjoy them. Am losing weight but not feeling hungry or deprived. The biscuit and cake recipes are delicious even guests enjoy them and don't feel they are from a hippy dippy book! Enjoying cooking, got out of the rut of churning out familiar recipes. A few different ingredients but can buy them in supermarket. My husband, who has a very sweet tooth , has started reducing sweeteners in drinks as the recipes satisfy him but reduce his need of sweetness. As a diabetic his blood test results have improved.
on 21 May 2010
I love this book have tried most of the recipies and they are delicious and simple WELL DONE - Rachel
on 6 February 2006
I have been browsing the web for a Low GI cook book as I had heard about this eating plan from friends, but wanted to know more before I went ahead and did it, While I was looking on the publishers website I found a bit more of an in-depth site on it, the recipes looked easy and so I took the plunge and bought it!
Having received it I'm really pleased with how easy Rachael makes it to eat this way! I particularly found the tips on what to avoid and what to go for a really good sign post, making it easier to learn this way of eating! The green chicken curry was just amazing and was my first try! What a great book!
on 9 May 2014
Having found out that I need to keep an eye out on my Glycemic Index, this book has proven to be invaluable. Highly recommended! I would also suggest this book for diabetics as well!
on 8 May 2013
I bought this book when diagnosed with type two diabetes to give some ideas for suitable recipes and it did exactly that.