Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 June 2013
With a book of this sort, there will always be more doing and less explanation but the book nevertheless has implicit buried nuggets of information all over it, especially in relation to workflow when embarking on a responsive design project with one of these frameworks. My only workflow criticism was with the way in which the Foundation skeleton page was set up and then re-used. I may have gone further with defining that generic skeleton first thus leaving less to do on each subsequent page.

Nevertheless, written well and examples did work. This book is still on my reference shelf for the time being.
on 7 September 2013
I'm still working through this book and I'm currently trying the examples for the Skeleton framework. The proof reader must have had a day off when this went to be read. I copied and pasted the code examples from the PC Kindle into my HTML editor and ran the code, unfortunately the page didn't work as expected. So I downloaded the example code from the publishers website and ran that, which did work. Comparing my version and their version through ExamDiff highlighted several differences, but on checking my version against the book showed my code it to be the same as the printed examples and thus would never work.
e.g. book: <form class="container clearfix"> - downloaded code: <form class="content container clearfix"> as the class 'content' is referred to by the stylesheet this is an serious omission.
The book is a good intro into how frameworks work, but if you want the learn by following the code and building your own page(s) i.e. 'by Example' please download the example code and use that as reference and not the book.
I also checked the online errata, which only mentions one correction and there's no link specifically for reporting this type of issue.